[adventure]:The Search for Vlastoes (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)

dimsdale

First Post
As the party batters the remaining two fighters it is clear by the look in their faces that they show fear, especially after the death orb exploded. One of the fighters looks at the other who nods back. The fighter then drops his weapon. The other drops his weapon as well. Please...we wish to fight no longer. The orb has haunted our minds for weeks now. We were unable to resist its thoughts. If you would permit me to do so I would like to reach into my pouch to give you something that may be of interest to you...a key. He waits for a response. Meanwhile, the remaining zombie looks as if it has lost it will to attack as it slowly moves away from the party in a zig-zag pattern. A strange object lays by an unearthed tomb, which was a direct result of the force of the explosion of the orb. Sharpe, at top of the dragon, sees the object immediately and feels the urge to investigate.

GM: What do you wish to do?

Option 1: Continue the fight: If so, I will update the combat stats and you can continue to hammer away.

Option 2: You can converse with the fighter, accepting his surrender, then take a short rest. If you choose this route, please deduct the damage from hp due to the blast of the orb.

Someone

Adventurer
Prime lowers his hammer.

+++Very well+++

+++You may also start spilling the beans+++

+++So start speaking. What do you know about this place?
+++

Voda Vosa

First Post
Vermitrax approaches the fighters along with his undead servant and floating ice hand. Prime seems to be in charge of the questions so he waits and observes.

dimsdale

First Post
The fighter swallows continues. I...I am Frestoes and this is my brother. We have been working as hired hands for the wizard Vlastoes for years, doing jobs for him. What can I say...he pays well. A not long ago a man dressed in robes came forth...there...that one over there (pointing to the corpse of a priest slain by Dox). He told us that we were no longer working for him and that we were now servants of the lord of shadows...he pronounced the name but I was not in any condition at the time to remember, having drank my fill of ale. I told the priest that I wasn't a servant of anyone, reaching for my weapon at the same time. Before i could cut him down he touched my forehead. In an instance the presence of that thing <pointing to the remains of the orb> filled my thoughts, taking control of me. I...could do nothing to stop it. The priest then then told me that soon I would be called upon. Every night since then i was unable to sleep due the orb's presence and taunts. It spoke to me of terrible evils. I was frozen in terror. The orb then summoned me here. I and my brother came forth, along with these other priest. It told us to guard this crypt with our lives. As the priest went to their positions, one of them dropped this key. I don't know the importance and I don't know why you are here, but maybe it can be helpful to you. We ask you now if we can go home.

Someone

Adventurer
+++Ok, enough beans have been spilled. One more thing+++

+++While you were here, did anyone enter or came out of the crypt?+++

+++And what do you know of what's beyond those doors?+++

+++Anyway, you've been lucky+++

+++Return to the city, don't mix with evil wizards, get married and raise a couple kids each+++

+++Or whatever else you fleshy things do to be happy
+++

Prime stores the key in a hidden compartment in his body, then sits on a tombstone and does some field maintenance while the others rest, scrapping out the rust created by the orb's attacks and straightening a couple bent structural components. After replacing some more damaged mechanisms he stands up and announces with a loud steam whistle:

+++I'm ready+++

OOC: Spending 2 healing surges for 40 hit points, now at full health and 12/14 HS. So, six more fights like this one and I'm out.

Drew arrests his punch he swung at Sharpe's call. He nods once and then starts

"Hey, Mage! Get that zombie! Don't let it get away!"

OOC: Drew will hammer out zombie it's almost dead anyhow and then take short rest, if you want I can roll

OOC: Spending 1 healing surge (and wasting plenty :( ) can someone provide surgeless 5hp?!) surges: 5/8 hp: 54/54 - as Someone said 5 more like this... :)

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Do it yourself monk, remember who gives the orders here." is the short dry comment from Vermitrax.
The wizard takes a few moments to restore the skeletal guardian infusing it with his own negative energy.
Once everyone is ready he speaks again "A reminder: We are here to destroy Vlastode's phylanctery. Don't let anything else distract you. The lich will try to fool you in many ways, you must stay clear of mind and push through the crypt until we reach his sanctum sanctorum. Once the soul gem is destroyed, you might explore the crypt to your heart's desire. If everyone is read, lets delay no further. Prime, do the honours if you will."

CaBaNa

First Post
Drew arrests his punch he swung at Sharpe's call. He nods once and then starts

"Hey, Mage! Get that zombie! Don't let it get away!"

OOC: Drew will hammer out zombie it's almost dead anyhow and then take short rest, if you want I can roll

OOC: Spending 1 healing surge (and wasting plenty :( ) can someone provide surgeless 5hp?!) surges: 5/8 hp: 54/54 - as Someone said 5 more like this... :)

ON IT! shouts Kamotz, lurching forward as Whiggins disengages with the Mercs, then righting himself as Whiggins leaps toward the Zed like a dog after a wayward squirrel. The shifter slobbers with excitement, spinning his flail as the distance is closed between the wolf-like creatures and the zombie. Sadly for the zombie, Whiggins maw reaches it before Kamotz' flail.

Whiggins latched onto the zombies shoulder mid-pounce, allowing the packs momentum to pin the Zed below them. Treating the zombie like an oversize chew toy, Whiggins whipped the limp corpse around, producing a rag doll like flailing.

[sblock=Ministat]
Spent two surges to return to full

Kamotz (Cleric|Paladin)
Initiative +3 Passive Insight 24 Passive Perception 22 Senses Low-Light
HP 50/50; TempHP 0; Bloodied 25; Surge Value 12; Surges Per-Day 5/9
AC 24 Fortitude 18 Reflex 17 Will 19
Second wind; Not Used
Action point; 0
Speed 5
At-will: Holy Strike, Lance of Faith, Divine Challenge
Encounter: Longtooth Shifting, Healing Word, Heedless Fury, Call of Challenge, Death Surge, Shining Symbol
Daily:Blood of the Mighty, Avenging Flame, Gravesite
Consumable; Fey Step Potion, Unguent of Darkvision, Vial of Darkness

Whiggins
Passive Insight 14 Passive Perception 19; Senses Low-Light
HP 61/67; TempHP 0; Bloodied 33; Surge Value 16; Surges Per-Day 1
AC 19 Fortitude 18 Reflex 17 Will 16
Resist 0 (5 all damage while ridden, Impenetrable Barding)
Speed 8 (9 While ridden, Riding Boots)
At-Will: Bite
[/sblock]

Last edited:

"Do it yourself monk, remember who gives the orders here." is the short dry comment from Vermitrax.

"Why, that would be Prime, your arcane majesty. Need I remind you that your pet abomination can get into my multi-routine attacks by accident? Don't think you'll get any knowledge of undeath here. I'll be watching you."

answers young monk breezing past the mage and almost catching the zombie before the wolf.

Remove ads