[Adventure] The Seeds of Chaos - Judge Needed

Son of Meepo

First Post
Athletics (1d20+3=6)

Fhangrim tries to pull himself up, but doesn't have any leverage against the water. He would likely have to wait until the water reached the top and then swim up.

"One of you strong gentlemen wish to pull yourself on up and give the rest of us a hand?"

jbear

First Post
Seeing his companions flailing about at the grate, Leather surges up from the water and grips the bars strongly. In one clean movement he pulls himself up and through. He struggles to turn around in the tight space and then lies flat on his belly, reaching his powerful arms down to those below.

Athletics=21

The water, still gushing in, has now pushed everyone to the surface of the chamber. Water still flows into the area, but pools at the top of the grate since the chamber is completely full. At least, it was until Leather pulled himself through the grate. With a quickness that could only be supernatural, the release door opens and the water disappears through its opening so quickly, that the adventurers are left in mid-air! The sudden change in pressure also caused a vacuum, threatening to pull leather back into the chamber!

OOC: Leather making it through the hatch triggered this events last and most deadly threat! Everyone: please roll a saving throw. Success means that you manager to grab onto the grate to keep from falling the 20 feet to the floor of the chamber below you! Failure means you take 2d10 damage from the fall.

Goldhammer

First Post
Torqua falls to ground with such titanic force, it causes the whole chamber to shake. The wide witch grumbles in pain as she pulls herself out of the large crater she's just created. "Guys after this, no more sewers." Torqua grunts, checking to see just how many ribs she's broken. "I think I'll have to find work in a safer area, like a dragon's cave."

"Baker, you promise me that my next job will be some place cleaner and safer, I'll eat a whole horse deep-fried and chocolate dipped on your behalf."

Saving throw: 1
1d20=1

Damage: 16
2d10=16

jbear

First Post
Leather loses hi grip in the slippery bars and hurtles back towards the ground, landing next to Torqua with a resounding crunch. He gets back to his feet quickly with a growl. "Rope? Do any of us carry a rope?"

Save=6
Dmg 2d10= 8 falling dmg

Goldhammer

First Post
"Here." Torqua says, helping Leather up and giving him a coil of rope out of her bag. "Give me a moment and I can fly us back up there."

"By the way, thanks for not landing on me."

jbear

First Post
"Don't thank me. Believe me, I tried" replies Leather who, from his face devoid of humour, seems to be speaking the truth.

Goldhammer

First Post
"Well, maybe we can practice landing on each other once we get out of here." Torqua suggests, spitting out a broken, bloody tooth. She pulls out a clean cloth from her bag and uses it to bandage up her arm.

"As for the stinking here and now, I'm guessing this room was meant to be a last ditch effort by whoever made those rat monsters to kill us off before we meet. That or whoever built this sewer as totally mad."

OOC: Spending two healing surges to get back to full health.

Remove ads