[Adventure] The Seeds of Chaos - Judge Needed

jbear

First Post
Leather takes the rope from Torqua without comment. He looks up towards those hanging from the grate. "Stop monkeying about and climb up so I can throw someone the rope!"

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
Three owlbears, a gnoll and a human hang from the bar of the grate in the ceiling leaving no space for Ilex to grab hold to keep from nose-diving to the bottom of the now water-less chamber. Desperately she tries to hang on to the legs of one of the owlbears. However, their fur and feathers are slippery from all the muck and slime they've encountered in the sewers. Try as she might, Ilex slowly slips to the end of the owlbear's legs and grabs at empty air as she plummets to the floor. Just before slamming into the ground, Ilex see Noctua pull herself up and out of the way of the others still hanging from the grate. Once up she then turns around and looks to the floor to check on her master.

Save or fall (1d20=2)
falling damage (2d10=15)
fall or save? (1d20=13)
Athletics (1d20+6=22)

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
With a mother's gentle touch, Ursa Major grabs Ursa Minor by the nape of the neck and lifts her daughter through the hole.

"Great now if you can just give me a hand..."

But Ursa Major is too busy cleaning her offspring that she never sees Fhangrim reaching a hand out for help. The gnoll doesn't have the strength to hang on with one hand and quickly slips, plummeting to the bottom.

Luckily for him, there was a wide witch and a not-so-wide witch already at the bottom to break his fall.

"I'm OK everyone! But say, shouldn't someone go about propping that door open so we don't have a repeat performance?"

Without waiting for anyone else to act on his own suggestion, Fhangrim retrieves his tools and begins to wedge a spike from his climber's kit into the door.

"That should do the trick."

Assist Athletics (1d20+7=20)
Athletics (1d20+7+2=29)

Athletics (1d20+3=7)
Fall (2d10=5)

Thievery (1d20+8+2=30)

jbear

First Post
Leather winces as party member after party member falls to the floor. The only humanoid left hanging up there is Haaku, and the only ones through the grate are animals. His hopes to tie off the rope diminishing Leather calls up some moral support to Haaku. "C'mon! Get up in there, Haaku! You can do it! You bloody well better do it" ​If Haaku manages to get up then the moment he does Leather hurls up the coil of rope to him.

Goldhammer

First Post
"Haaku? Hakku, sweetie are you okay?" Torqua calls up before finally giving up. "Great, he's disappeared on us." She sighs. "Let me have my rope back, Leather."

Torqua snatches the rope off Leather, ties it into a lasso and throws it up towards the grate, hoping to catch it on one of the broken bars.

Athletics Check to hook the rope lasso on the grate so we can all climb up. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3909262/]1d20+5=15[/url]

The lasso easily finds its way onto one of the broken ends of the grate. With a quick tug on her end, Torqua manages to secure the rope in its position.

OOC: With the securing of the rope, the Athletics check to climb is reduced to DC 10. Getting out of the chamber should be easy peasy now! Good job [MENTION=85946]Goldhammer[/MENTION]!

jbear

First Post
Leather waits for Torqua to climb up the rope and then climbs up himself. Once up he waits until Fhangrim has secured the rope about himself and then he begins hauling the gnoll up.

Athletics to climb up rope 21
Athletics to lift up Fhangrim 21

Remove ads