• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Sibylline Idol (Judge covaithe)

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock=Maps!]sg, I made these ones using Skeleton Key Games' random dungeon generator ~ Skeleton Key Games Dungeon Generator. I pulled them into Map Tools and added tokens made with Token Tools. I've got a huge library of maps from Dungeon magazine (DDI subscription), purchased map products and tiles, and links to sites like the Cartographer's Guild. With Map Tools you can just pull them in and drop tokens on easy. This game was my first to experiment with these tools and it worked super well.

For F2F games I used the following tutorial to make a beautiful map for my players: NewbieDM Tutorial – Printing Battle Maps to a 1″ Scale « www. Newbie DM .com
based on some of those Dungeon maps. Newbie DM has a bunch of great tutorials here: Compiling useful stuff (My 100th post) & a contest. « www. Newbie DM .com

Hope that helps :)[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Great stuff Erekose![/sblock]

Lets wade through this filth quickly. I've already seen enough of these worms to last a lifetime.

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock=stonegod]Searching altar and anomaly: The altar is a six foot by two foot slab of a strange metal that while you've never seen, seems familiar. It is a greenish grey and cool to the touch. There is a complicated diagram/engraving on the top of the altar showing five symbols in a variety of embosed colours with lines connecting each of them. In the centre of the symbols is a complicated mechanism that contains a deep hole surrounded by grooves. The center piece is also connected to each of the symbols. Each symbol and the center mechanism are set in shallow impressions in the metal and the grooves connecting each of them are also inset.

The black rift hovers above the center mechanism and forms a 3 foot tall slash of pure blackness that is hardly visible head on, almost as if it is two dimensional. From the side it seems to be about 2 or 3 inches across. A strange smell eminates from it at once sugary sweet, acrid, and acidic.[/sblock]

[sblock=ukingsken]rift (arcana 18): The black rift hovers above the center of the altar and forms a 3 foot tall slash of pure blackness that is hardly visible head on, almost as if it is two dimensional. From the side it seems to be about 2 or 3 inches across. A strange smell eminates from it at once sugary sweet, acrid, and acidic. From what Vashik can remember this might have something to do with rumors of a Far Realm beyond the mortal and immortal planes. [/sblock]

[sblock=evokb]exits (perception 24): Checking the Eastern exit first, Rurdev discovers the first traces of non-alien presence in the cavern system. There are a couple of barrels on the lower area, but moving up the steep ramp he finds a higher platform and a crude sleeping chamber. There are a couple of pallets covered in straw and a heavy wool blanket. In addition there is a small chest and a few crates. A small firepit sits in the centre as well and the charcoal indicates somewhat recent use though it is cold by now.

To the south, the cave narrows considerably as it winds. A slightly fresh smell and the sound of water reaches his ears, before Rurdev turns the final corner to see a small rivulet of water running down the wall into a little stream that quickly exits the base of the wall through a natural fissure. The water appears clean though under these sewers you can't be too sure.[/sblock]

[sblock=wd]keeping watch from on high: Riardon maintains a watch from above, keeping an eye on everyone as they split up amongst the exploded bodies of their otherworldly foes.[/sblock]

[sblock=nebten]no action posted: Don't know if you were exploring the altar (see stonegod's sblock) or exploring other exits (see evoKBs sblock) or keeping watch (see wd's sblock) or something else, just let me know.[/sblock]

[sblock=re: cons]Well I'm back and exhausted, but must keep this game moving forward. Con went well and I'm happy to say that we made some good sales. Wish it was a fun gaming con (oh so close to PaizoCon up here) but it was an anime con. My wife's business sells dolls online, so we were at the con hawking our wares. It was very successful but oh to be gaming...[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
After investigating, Rurdev returns. "S-Signs of life. Cultists probably. We'll n-n-need to look things over though. There are s-s-s-some chests and b-b-b-arrels to l-look through. " The shifter points to the slash of darkness. "W-W-What is it? C-C-Can w-we get rid of it?"

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
"Shall we press on then?" Riardon asks the others..

[sblock=OOC]
Cannot post on Thursday. Will be back on Friday.

Everyone in 20 sq around Riardon gets a +2 to initiative.
When you spend an AP, you get a +3 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon
Perception: 16 Insight: 11 Low-light Vision
AC 18 Fortitude 15 Reflex 14 Will 13
Hit Points: 24 / 24 Bloodied: 12
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:6 Surges per day: 4 / 8
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 2/2, Scorching Burst, Warlords Favor, Feystep
Daily Powers: Lead the Attack

Condition: -
[/sblock][/sblock]

Nebten

First Post
J'st point me were ta go. Me eyes aren't workin' too well since I can't see anything around here. Fair warnin', me only gots one fight left in me.

Dane goes through the living area and looks at everything in the barrels & chests

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: ah sorry I didn't mean that the small stream actually provided an exit. Simply a source of clean water. The hole at the base of the wall is too small for even a tiny creature to pass.

EvolutionKB

First Post
OOC: Gotcha E13, edited my post above.

"Th-Th-This is the end of the r-r-road. I'll look o-o-over the sleeping area. Maybe y-y-you can shut that," Rurdev says pointing to the crack of shadow. The shifter walks back to the pallets, chests, and drums were. He examines each closely, looking for anything out of the ordinary.

[sblock=ooc]Perception take 20[/sblock]

Remove ads