(Adventure) To Delmon's Aid (Creamsteak Judging)

WizWrm

First Post
Velbrik nods. "Well, good fellows, it looks as though we ought to start off immediately." He glances up at the sky. "The storm hasn't passed, I see. We'll simply have to deal with it the best we can."

Having said this, Velbrik takes the offered reins and mounts one of the horses.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:The five of you it is...

IC: Heading out of Orussus as fast as possible while maintaining a modicum of safety regarding the wet roads, you quickly begin eating up the miles between the City and Delmon's Tower. The Roadwarden goes with you for part of the journey, as far as the Roadhouse where he is stationed (3 miles out or so).
There, you pause,where there is fresh bread and hot tea, contemplating your mission. Many of the same faces that some of you saw before, on your way to and from the Vingarius Vinyards are here, though more are out and some are at the Estate, helping protect the workers who are cleaning and doing repairs.

After a half an hour, which the horses appreciated in a warm barn, you are ready to journey onwards again.
The roads become a sigt more muddy and are washed out in a few places, though easy enough to traverse on horseback. If you were afoot, it would be a less tha pleasant experience, and you are all quite glad for the loan of the steeds.
Perhaps some six miles past the Roadhoues, and coming on 4 in the afternoon, as you reckon it in the rainy gloom, you reach the place where the Map shows the best route to the Tower would begin. There is no road, though a path moves off through the sparce trees, made by supply horses or mules, no doubt.
In any event, it should be another three miles or so, if all distances have been marked properly...

Keia

I aim to misbehave
'I could be working at a hot forge instead of sludging through this rain and muck,' Thurgan thought as he huddled from the rain and slight chill on his pony. The pony was a bit better than the horse he had earlier, though he had caught the creature eying him every once in a while.

"We gonna get there by night?" Thurgan asked aloud, trying to determine the time from the amount of light in the cloud covered sky.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
"Hmm..." Troi says, looking up at the sky. "Dunno... accordin' ta th' map, it's only another three miles... but there's no real trail we can follow, an' I dunno if the sun'll set 'fore we get there."

"Ah, ta hell with it." He says, pushing his mount forward. "Let's just go. If we run inta trouble, we do, but I doubt we'll get inta somethin' we can't handle. Th' sooner we get there, the better."

WhatKu

First Post
His crossbow out, Thale nods in agreement. "Hopefully we can get to the tower without being attacked. We best keep a sharp watch for these orcs."

WizWrm

First Post
"Three miles? We'll make it easily," says Velbrik. "But we'd best be careful - we still don't know what we're up against. Orcs, certainly, but all those flashes of energy the roadwarden mentioned? I'm not sure all of those could be explained by the wizard alone."

Having said this, he pulls the reins to continue down the path with the rest of the group.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:Folks...you all sort of dashed off without a very important consideration. Healing Potions. 50GP a pop for Cure Light Wounds 1D8+1.tandard prices. :et's say that there were 2 or 3 easily available per person. Things are going t get much more deadly as this story/and games, i would assume progress. Let me know and deduct the GP, thanks. There was time to make a quick stop at the appropriate shop between the last and this one.

WizWrm

First Post
OOC: I bought two healing potions immediately after Trek to the Vineyard. (bringing me to a current total of 3) Do those count against my limit?

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Uriel said:
OoC:Folks...you all sort of dashed off without a very important consideration. Healing Potions. 50GP a pop for Cure Light Wounds 1D8+1. Standard prices. Let's say that there were 2 or 3 easily available per person.

OOC: Thurgan will purchase 3 if possible, unless he can get a half used wand of CLW for 375?

Remove ads