• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) To Delmon's Aid (Creamsteak Judging)

WizWrm

First Post
"Are you sure it's wise to go alone?" says Velbrik, sliding off his horse. "I should go with you, at least, in case we run into something fanged. I can arrange it so that we can speak in silence."

Hide +6, Move Silently +6

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:GW, I will have a look at your email's sibject in more depth today, I did get it,though.
So, is it Troi going it alone on Scouting duty? I just want to be sure before I have some Owlbear eat hi...er, I mean, before I continue. :D

Arken

Explorer
Uriel said:
OoC:GW, I will have a look at your email's sibject in more depth today, I did get it,though.
So, is it Troi going it alone on Scouting duty? I just want to be sure before I have some Owlbear eat hi...er, I mean, before I continue. :D

Soory to ahve been away, I had a killer Essay to do, I'm updating my character now. Let's get this thread underway :D

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Velbrik
"Are you sure it's wise to go alone? I should go with you, at least, in case we run into something fanged. I can arrange it so that we can speak in silence."

Troi nods quietly. "I s'pose goin' alone might be a tad dangerous, yeah... so go ahead and come along. I dunno if we'll need ta speak, but if we do an' ya do whatever it is that'll make us able ta communicate without sound... well, it might come in handy."

As he goes, Troi ensures that his weaponry is within easy reach.

OoC: Understood. I don't need an immediate response... take your time. Better to get a good response than a hasty one.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Troi and Velbrik move forward, with the others perhaps fifty yards behind,holding the horses.

Troi and Velbrik move low to the ground, finding scrub and boulders, keeping out of sight as much as possible.
Cresting a hill, the pair get their first clear look of the Tower, though the light is fading and the rain a steady drizzle (though it isn't bad as of yet).

The Tower is perhaps sixty feet in height, four stories by Velbrik's reckoning.
Scorch marks dot the walls low down, signs of recent attack. There are stones missing higher up, as if the owner hadn't kept up with the structure's upkeep, which seems odd, considering he is a Dwarf.
A short set of stairs leads up to a large iron-studded door, this standing slightly ajar.
It is perhaps a half an hour until it is dark.
There are no signs of Orcs or any other enemies, or of the Wizard, for that matter.

WizWrm

First Post
"Let's just keep a steady pace ahead of them, until at least we reach the tower," says Velbrik softly, "So we'll catch anything we encounter by surprise rather than the other way around. We'll head back and bring the others up here, where we know it's safe, and I'll do a bit of magic that will let us talk without noise. Sound like a plan?"

Head back to the rest of the party; bring them to where we are now; cast message on self, Troi, and Felix and explain how it works; then move ahead, staying about forty yards in front of the rest of the party.

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:Gotcha. I'm off to the doctor for my ankle (finally...), I'll be able to post a bunch in a few hours.

IC:Gathering the others and explaining the plan, Troi and Velbrik move ahead again, crossing the intervening distance to the Tower's base with no trouble, although once Velbrik had the distinct feeling at one point that he was being watched...

The other Companions now wait where Troi and Velbrik had before.

WizWrm

First Post
Velbrik moves his lips, his voice heard to Troi and Felix clearly articulated through the magic of the message spell. "Be careful. I haven't seen anything yet, but I feel just a bit of a prickle on my neck."

"Troi, shall we look inside or go with the group?"

Is there a door? What does it look like?

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
WizWrm said:
Velbrik moves his lips, his voice heard to Troi and Felix clearly articulated through the magic of the message spell. "Be careful. I haven't seen anything yet, but I feel just a bit of a prickle on my neck."

"Troi, shall we look inside or go with the group?"

Is there a door? What does it look like?

A short set of stairs leads up to a large iron-studded door, this standing slightly ajar.

It is perhaps a half an hour until it is dark.
There are no signs of Orcs or any other enemies, or of the Wizard, for that matter.

OoC:From a few posts ago.

Remove ads