• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) To Delmon's Aid (Creamsteak Judging)

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Troi waits patiently for the others to arrive at the door, taking out his whip as he does and watching for any movement, as well as listening...

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Thurgan noted the light appear from within the tower and descended from the pony and began tying him off on some nearby brush. Checking to make sure all of his gear was in place, Thurgan nodded to his companions that he was ready to head up to the tower whenever they got the word.

Arken

Explorer
ooc/ Sorry for being a little late/ooc

Hearing the magical whisper on the breeze Felix turns to his companions and motions for them to follw, he heads towards Troi and Velbrik.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Arriving at the base of the Tower (having tied off the horses and pony under some low-boughed trees, giving them some respite from the rain), the rest of the Companions wend their way up the Staircase andinto the Tower. The place is in a shambles, though it is a far better place to gather than the muddy and sodden terrain outside.

Standing a bit closer to the stairs,Troi hears something moving up above, thoug it isn't distinct enough to make out in full. It sounded like something heavy moving about, though, at least man-sized...

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
"Hold this, would ya, Thurgan?" Troi asks the dwarf, handing him the torch. "Thanks."

With as little sound as possible and disturbing the articles strewn about the room, Troi gradually makes his way for the stairway, ready to strike with his whip at a moment's notice...

WhatKu

First Post
Thumbing his axe blade idly, Thale mutters half to himself "Thrice dammed orcs. I doubt we could have done anything if we were here when it happend, other than get killed."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Thale
"Thrice dammed orcs. I doubt we could have done anything if we were here when it happend, other than get killed."

"Eh," Troi says quietly. "Coulda been th' wolves again, too. An' if we are dealin' with orcs again, just so ya know, these ain't normal orcs... bigger, nastier, an' got bigger claws 'n teeth 'n whatnot."

Velbrik
"Did you hear something, Troi?"

Troi nods. "Yeah, sorry, shoulda said somethin'... like I've said before, I'm used ta workin' alone, y'know? Still gettin' used ta havin' ta tell everybody else what I'm hearin' an' seein'. Sounded man-sized... or orc-sized."

While talking, Troi tries to identify whether or not the scent in the room is the same as or similar to the one from the vinyard.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
The smell prevalent in the Chamber is a mixture of burned wood, burned meat and of course, the mud and rain. There isn't extensive sign of anything being burned on this level, so it would stand to reason that the smells were originating from above somewhere.

As far as the sounds above, Troi can make out that it is something man-sized, or perhaps a bit bigger, and the sounds are erratic, as if whatever it is is moving in an erratic and unsteady manner, perhaps someone staggering around, or someone wounded trying to get about.

Anal Spelling Edit

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Now Thurgan and Thale, as well as Velbrik and Felix all hear the sounds as well. It is as if someone bearing a lot of weight or other burden was bumping about above.

Remove ads