• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) To Delmon's Aid (Creamsteak Judging)

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:So folks, whats the plan of attack. The door is open, there are a few window sills than a slim person might be able to get into, the lowest is about 25' up. Troi and Velbrik first, or some other plan...?

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Troi takes out his longsword and whip, then nods to Velbrik.

"You an' me first." He says. He gestures for the door. "Me first... cover me."

With that, he quietly heads for the door, peeking in before he nudges it open wide enough for him to enter, though he retains his position.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Thurgan stands at the ready with the others, watching the surrounding area for trouble and waiting for a signal from Velbrik or Troi.

'Mud-covered, soaked, watching and waiting in the rain . . . this officially stinks,' Thurgan thought.

WhatKu

First Post
Placing the crossbow on his back, Thale pulls his sheild in front of him, hops off his horse and draws his axe. I hope the tower is empty. Then again, if hopes were real than I wouldnt be here anyway.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Troi and Velbrik move forward, frustrated that there is no cover within 30 feet of the Tower.
Stopping at the base of the Tower and looking back, they see the others with weapons ready.

Advancing up the stairs and to the door, they are greeted by the smell of burned wood and bodies.
Gancing within, Troi can make out little, so dark is the room, but the general outline of shadows would suggest that the chamber is in disarray.

OoC:psst! Next time bring a Darkvision havin' Dwarf...:D

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
"Damnit." Troi curses under his breath. "Well, we gotta have light..." He slowly and carefully takes a torch from his backpack, and lights it, letting it illuminate the room inside the doorway.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
GnomeWorks said:
"Damnit." Troi curses under his breath. "Well, we gotta have light..." He slowly and carefully takes a torch from his backpack, and lights it, letting it illuminate the room inside the doorway.

OoC:As it is raining outside, you will have to go inside to light the torch...

Stepping inside, Troi and Velbrik huddle in the dorway, attempting to light the kindling needed for the torch. After several minutes of attempts, the spark finally catches, and soon Troi holds a blazing torch.

The chamber is a circular one, perhaps eighty feet in diameter. Partially destroyed furniture lies everywhere, tables, chairs and a smashed open chest.
The floor is covered in blue and red rugs, though these have been slashed and are caked with mud. Near the back of the large round chamber is a stone staircase winding it's way up along the inside of the wall, ending in a wooden door some twelve feet up. This door isn't closed properly, and stands slightly ajar.
the entire chamber smells of burned wood and there is also toe sweet smell of cooked meat...

WizWrm

First Post
Velbrik glances back outside, and says through the message spell, "I guess it's safe enough, then. Inside we won't be quite as useful, and the light will give us away. Felix, tell the others that you ought to come over into the tower."

Remove ads