[Adventure] Trouble in Moonwatch (Judge:TwoHeadsBarking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=Pok] While the Kalashtar telepathic abilities does allow us to communicate with someone through telepathy, it does not actually allow us to read minds. The reason I have been playing up Lan's ability to read minds is because of his Telepathic Sensitivity feat, which allows him to hear "surface thoughts" coming from creatures, which gives him an additional +5 perception bonus vs opposed stealth checks.

Due to this, anyone wishing to let a Kalashtar "hear" you, needs to actually direct their thoughts at the Kalashtar.

I may have been overstepping my boundries with my character's telepathic abilities, but thankfully r1 has had a very liberal outlook on it. Thanks ren! [/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=OOC]

No worries, I understood what was going on. :)

Let me rephrase, when I specifically put what Pok is thinking on the page, it is a thought that is strong and clear enough to be heard as someone telepathically "speaking" to themselves. Meaning it's focused in the same pattern, as if chatting to the room mentally.

Hard concept to explain... Not sure if I'm getting the meaning across...

EDIT:
It's not that anyone is reading Pok's mind, it's that Pok's mind is projecting at everyone else.

I think that is it...

[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Valahad looks over the map carefully. "Thank you Lady. Are you issuing us a letter of credit for the rations or do you have a supply here? Once we have them, I am ready to go. Time is a wasting."

[sblock=ooc]Yeah, I like how renau has letting us to things as well, but that may be because of it's between PCs. I assume we can do as we've been doing because of our higher than average insight scores.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
"We will draw the rations for you from our stores, we can replenish as necessary." she replies, walking to a closed door, opening it and calling for an acolyte. After a hurried discussion, the young man takes off and she returns to you.

"You are welcome to stay the night here if you choose, then depart at first light. We can also make horses available to you to speed your journey." Emesha says.

[sblock=OOC]
Re: Telepathy, etc. I'm fine with how things are going, if it was abusive, I'd reconsider, but for the most part it's really just a fluff thing that's happening and the trio of Pok, Lan, & Valahad are playing very well of each other and the whole secretive thing so I see no reason to stop it.
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"Thank you. We accept your offer to rest here. For now, we will make sure we have everything we need before going." On that, River leave the priestess with his companion.

After leaving the church, River decide to tells what he has in his mind. "So, what is our plan of action. The cultist need to be stop, or they'll kill more innocent, but I don't like much the idea of killing them to solve the problem. Doing it, it is to substitute ourselves to the justice, and it also show that people working for the Flames are just as merciless than the cultist. One side is just as good as another. Killing is not they way to finish that war I think."

He then stop a moment. "Also, do you think we will be able to handle that the four of us, or should we should find some support to our cause?"

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
DM note: There's a PC waiting to join once you finish your rest, so you won't have to go it alone.
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Pok moves toward the door, but hesitates to make sure Lanharath is following.

Once outside, he listens to River's words of wisdom, and nods. He is quite on the question of outside help but secretly laments the idea, as he believes anyone hired, will be a spy.

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=rest time] Yes for me too! Let's get a full rest, then get on a horse (of course) and giddyup [/sblock]

Lanharath listens to River's pacifistic views on ending the battle and decides that he would be interested in questioning him on his views, if nothing more than to get to know him better. Of course, he also doesn't want to disturb the rest of the groups sleep, so he communicates telepathically.

"River. We are very curious about your views on life and war. We agree with you that innocent blood should never be shed, and that if possible, one should be allowed to repent for what evils they have caused. But what of those who would not repent, and in fact, are insistent upon actions that would harm others? What do you to with one such life? Do you capture them and force them to live in a secured cell, going slowly insane? Surely this is more evil than sending this wayward soul into the next realm.

What of self protection, also? If one is determined to harm you, should you not have the right to defend yourself? As with ourselves, you are obviously one who is in touch with the divine spirit of your deity. If one of the gods or goddesses of the Sovereign Host were to ask you to destroy some evil in their name, to prevent some folly of the world, would you not heed their commands?

You are a stronger man than us if you can maintain your views in the face of imminent death. "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads