[Adventure] Trouble in Moonwatch (Judge:TwoHeadsBarking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velmont

First Post
"My name is River. I'm a member of house Jorasco and a follower of Arawai, one of the Sovereign host." answers River to Sheeva.

Kalidrev

First Post
"Yes, let us be off. We have a long road ahead and if we are to make any progress, we should leave if we are prepared to do so." Lanharath turns to the rest of the group. "We will take the lead and scout a little ways ahead of you. We will alert you if we see anything noteworthy."

Lanharath mounts his horse and begins to ride ahead of the group once they are ready to leave.

KarinsDad

Adventurer

Lanharath mounts his horse and begins to ride ahead of the group once they are ready to leave.

Pulling her horse alongside Lanharath's before everyone is ready "And you haven't told me who you are sir tactical leader. Are you shy as well?" Sheeva asks playfully.

Kalidrev

First Post
The kalashtar smirks at Sheeva.

"Please forgive our manners. We are Lanharath d'Medani, eyes of this fine group. It is good that we have you with us, as we had lost our battle hand shortly after docking. He is a barbarian of quite some strength... We hope that you will be able to match his fury in battle with the strength your arcane energies. As a d'Lyrandar, we have no doubts that you will live up to your family's name. We would like to assure you that Our innate abilities," Lanharath points to Valahad and himself, "can only be used for communication. In no way can they be used to undermine your own mind. Think of it in the same way as a light breeze on your arm. You feel it, but it has no way to control your arm or over power it. It is quite safe and you will have full control over your faculties. Have you never traveled with a Kalashtar before? If not, then you will certainly have full experience of the Kalashtar mindset, with two of us in the group." Lanharath chuckles to himself lightly at that last comment.

CaBaNa

First Post
Pok climbs up his horse with some difficulty, but it's obvious it isn't his first time.

*I'll never get used to being this tall... Ready when you are.*

Pok stays close to Lanharath, doing his best to stay in the saddle, and keep his head down.

Kalidrev

First Post
Lanharath frowns a bit, noting that now two of the party has decided to stay close to him.

"Pok, it would be best if you were stay back with the others. We can almost guarantee that the group won't get ambushed before we can give a warning, but we don't want you caught in any crossfire if we make a mistake. We definitely enjoy your company, but we will be scouting ahead. Cutists of Kyber are bound to try something sneaky and we don't want you getting hurt."

"Sheeva. While we do appreciate your company, and we definitely want to get to know you better, it would be best if you were to remain behind us incase these agents of Kyber decided to try something stupid on the road or, Il-Yannah forbid, we get caught in an ambush."

KarinsDad

Adventurer

"As a d'Lyrandar, we have no doubts that you will live up to your family's name.

"My apologies, I must have been unclear. My last name is Dilaterh, not d'Lyrandar."

We would like to assure you that Our innate abilities," Lanharath points to Valahad and himself, "can only be used for communication. In no way can they be used to undermine your own mind. Think of it in the same way as a light breeze on your arm. You feel it, but it has no way to control your arm or over power it. It is quite safe and you will have full control over your faculties. Have you never traveled with a Kalashtar before? If not, then you will certainly have full experience of the Kalashtar mindset, with two of us in the group."

"Your assurances not withstanding, I prefer that the two of you do not blow distracting noises into my head, breezy or otherwise. Please keep your mindsets to yourself." Sheeva says as she leads her horse towards the back of the group.

[sblock=OOC]
Just FYI, Sheeva's aversion to Telepathy is just a normal aversion that anyone who has never experienced an unusual situation might have. Just roleplaying here guys, not trying to create a group conflict.
[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
"You have our assurance that in most instances, we will not use our telepathy to communicate with you, Sheeva." Lanharath seems a little irritated as he continues.

"However, if there is a situation in which communicating to you through telepathy will keep one of MY friends alive...then damn your discomfort. If you don't like that, then the Flamists' refuge is behind us." Lanharath angrily pushes on with his horse, ahead of the group, not even realizing that he didn't refer to himself in the plural form, as he usually does.

[sblock=ooc] Oh, don't NOT role play on my account! ^_^ I love a bit of tension in a party. It makes it all the better when, even though yer arguing with each other, you still whack the snot out of the bad guys, and then feel even better about the group after you settle your disputes (sometimes this take a few adventures, but fun none-the-less)! [/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Pok let's his horse drop back slightly, *Alright, but I won't be more than twenty five paces away.* He drops twenty feet further back, allowing some space, but worried for Lanharath.

His face covered by the hood, so as not to be recognized, it is difficult to read his thoughts and feelings from his countenance. But Valahad can pick up the concern in his body posture.

Pok thinks to himself, muddled thoughts about being hidden, and not stampeding through the trees. The nervousness continues to build, *I'm in the OPEN! I'M IN THE OPEN! I NEED TO HIDE!* The thoughts are suddenly crystal clear, and Pok hugs the horse closely, burying his head. His discomfort is painfully obvious, as he continues his small panic attack. They'regoingtobemoresneakythanme,andthenwe'llbeambushed,andonlyI'llgetawayagain,andhowamIsupposedtoexplainthattomomanddad,LanharathandValahadwillbegone,andTaskerswillneverbelievemeaboutthereskill,hide,hide,hide. A gasping, sucking noise, issues forth from the gnome, as he attempts to regain control over his mind, and body. Breathing in and out carefully, and extendedly. Roswyn... Taught.. Me.. How.. To.. Handle.. This. IN... OUT... Pok closed his eyes, and the little Sivis, imagined he was in a dark, small place, where no one could find him.

[sblock=OOC]

No worries, I like inter-character conflict as well!

Sheeva is going to have a difficult time convincing Pok she isn't a spy from Khyber... Lanharath is going to have a difficult time convincing Sheeva he isn't attempting to zap her mind...

All's fair!

Drop Pok 5 squares behind Lan please?

[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Sheeva heads back towards River, walking her horse alongside.

"Wow. Lanharath looks red and Pok looks green. I wasn't aware that having a female join an all male adventuring group would cause such rainbow colors." Sheeva laughs in a low voice.

"So, House Jorasco? Are you a healer then?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads