• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Trouble in Moonwatch (Judge:TwoHeadsBarking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Valahad nods and turns toward Lanharath, speaking into the kalashtar's mind, so that he can translate his words to the newcomer. "I shall respect your wishes, though I would hope that you would respect my vow as well."

As the group sets out, Valahad takes his place near the middle of the party. Seeing the gnome troubled, he trots up beside him. Reaching out with his mind he speaks to the gnome. "Do not worry. I will protect you. I did so from the cultists did I not? As long as we are not distracted from our mission," the kalashtar cricks his neck back at the drow, "we will fine. For now, I must calm Lanharath."

Moving up beside the other kalashtar, Valahad keeps his gaze ahead, but speaks in Lanharath's mind. "What bothers you brother? Speak your mind."

Velmont

First Post
"I am. I've been healing soldiers on the field of battle during the Last War, then I have taken care of the sick and wounded after the war. But I got tired of earning profit for the House among the wealthy who could pay for the House service, so I instead decide to go where my skills would profit more to peoples." replies the shifter.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Looking at River:

"Yeah, the war sucked. And so does all of those who made profit by it. I'll tell you what. You keep me healthy and I'll try to blast anyone who tries to kill you. From my perspective, a healer is an invaluable member of a team and unlike the war where foes tried to not anger House Jorasco and did not often attack them, the Followers of Khyber won't be so accommodating."

In response to Valahad's transmitted message, Sheeva says to Valahad:

"I respect that it is your preference. But, I kind of wonder what the point is. I mean, not talking, but still communicating is like refusing to use a mace, but still using a sword. Taking a Vow of Not Peeing. Now, that would be an accomplishment." she laughs.

"You should pick a vow that has real teeth to it. Like avenging Cyre or wiping out Mindflayers or something. Course, the tall silent type is appealing I suppose. I bet you get lots of dates." she says, her eyes flashing.

Velmont

First Post
"Thank you. I know the follower of Khyber will have no respect for the Griffon of Jorasco." he tells, pointing his battle standard. "Also, as you can see, I wear no weapons. That doesn't mean I can't hurt people at all, but I'm not very willing to use it. But I can tell you will rarely see someone falling in combat around me. If that happen, it generally mean we should have fled long time ago."

River aslo comment on Valahad vow. "They cannot communicate to everyone, they must send their thoughts at one person at a time. So it limit him in many aspect. As a warrior of the Light, he will have hard time to become a leader and general as he could not give speech or orders to a group. It force him to work on one thing at a time, but when you become so focus on one thing, you can accomplish it to end, to the perfection and not leave unfinished business. It's a choice." replies River.

CaBaNa

First Post
Pok catches on quickly to Valahad's meaning, and is grateful, as more than one member of the group has sense enough to be wary of spies. *I'm ok, I'm ok, in... out... * the gnome's death-grip on his saddle eases slightly. His knuckles going from ghost white, to cloud white.
*Just keep your eyes on Sheeva, so Lan can focus on the road ahead.* Pok keeps his head buried in the horse, though he seems to be calming a bit.

Kalidrev

First Post
Lanharath speaks back into Valahad's mind.

"It's the drow... we don't trust those Xen'drik lowlifes. For one who comes from a culture who sneaks about, she's boisterous and dangerously loud. She ignores or is plain ignorant of the tactical advantage that telepathy can afford us, and we fear that she will bring about an ambush before we can spot it. She's also very distracting..."

Valahad gets cut off from the mental vision/sound but Lanharath is unable to cut it off before he sees the drow's fine curves, flowing white hair, and sparkling grey eyes. Throught the "eyes" of Lanharath, Valahad can sense a conflicting combination of anger and infatuation.

renau1g

First Post
And away we go....

The party continues their discussion as you head towards the town of Ringbriar, along the river, the air is warm in the late summer, a breeze blows in off the Barren Sea keeping the heat from bothering you. Lanharath is in front, keeping an eye out for hidden dangers and surprises. There is no distinct path connecting the two towns and the ground doesn't yield anything useful at first glance.

[sblock=OOC]
*Feel Free to continue to RP as well, even during your posts.

Skill Challenge: Locate the Black March

12 successes before 6 failures

Each day of the journey will require a nature and endurance check, everyone must make the endurance check and if 3 members make it, a success is counted for the day. Nature will be required to follow the directions to the next town. It'll only take 1 day (barring anything extraordinary) to reach Ringbriar by horse. Once the town is reached, another few options will open up. So today everyone needs to make endurance checks, and one of you can make a nature check (although anyone can aid)

Day 1 Results:

[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
River stop once in a while at farms, woodman camp or any other inhabitation to make sure they are still on the good road. The trip seems tiresome to the Shifter.

"It's been a time I didn't ride that much. It's seems I have been working too much in the cities since the Last War." tells River.

[SBLOCK=OOC]I suppose there is still a few sign of civilization between of the two villages, so a simple Diplomacy check to ask our road.

Endurence; Diplomacy (1d20+4=7, 1d20+10=22) Doesn't look too good.[/SBLOCK]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads