• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Trouble in Moonwatch (Judge:TwoHeadsBarking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Tell me about it]
My LFR avenger just lost 2 feats and 4-5 points of AC from the nerf to the armour. (I had a level 4 avenger, leather, hide and improved armour of faith) Now I can't change anything until I level up, but all of a sudden most of my feats now are useless and my +2 hide armour is worthless or I've wasted two feats and one of my magic items to gain only 2 points of AC
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
"Way to go Pok. I didn't know you were so bloodthirsty." Sheeva says.

Sheeva pulls out her enchanted dagger.

"STOP! The next person to attack, friend or foe, dies. THIS STOPS NOW. We do not attack Flamists unless they attack us first Pok. Anyone who stops fighting is safe, anyone who attacks is dead! Are you all insane?" Sheeva shouts as Lightning flickers around her hands.

[sblock=OCC]
vs ref; lightning damage (1d20 9=13, 1d8 13=21) rolled for you
[/sblock]

The bow wielder who was knocked into the pit stands up and draws her longsword, her eyes wild as she sees the shifter in front of her. Not knowing that it was actually Pok that attacked her, she snarls "You will pay for that abomination!" as she charges towards him. Sheeva's lightning bolt blasts towards her, but she sidesteps it and she slashes River for a minor wound.

[sblock=River]
As the blade strikes you you notice that it isn't as damaging as it should for such a large weapon, in fact the wound is rather small and precise.[/sblock]

The tiefling runs to the east, and dives into the brush, disappearing from view.

[sblock=Perception 26]
You see him hiding behind the pillars with his swords drawn (M2)
[/sblock]

The other bow-woman moves behind the scarred human and draws her blade.

Suddenly, the ground erupts in the northeastern portion of the ruins, where the rubble slope is located. The writhing mass of tentacles are as black as night, tiny mouths are visible along the inside of the rubbery appendages.

[sblock=ooc]
Tentacles attack Feall and Sheeva - vs ac (feall); dmg; vs ac (sheeva); dmg (1d20 12=13, 2d6 6=14, 1d20 12=22, 2d6 6=18) It hits sheeva for 18 and you're grabbed

Note: for planning your moves the tentacles have threatening reach of 4

Illumination - currently is low-light as the sun's not out. Anyone without low-light (or dark) vision treats others as having concealment. (Other features are below)

tiefling - slowed TENT (Pok)

Pok - 32/32
Scar - uninjured
Sheeva - 26/39 - grabbed
Enemies
Feall - 33/33 <- you're up
Lan - 43/43
River - 33/39
Valahad - 44/51

Columns: These stone columns provide cover and can be climbed with a DC 10 Athletics check.

Trees: Gnarled spruce surround the ruins, their trunks providing cover. Their thick foliage grants total concealment and is difficult terrain. A tree can be climbed with a DC 10 Athletics check.

Foundation Pit: This rubble-strewn pit stands 5 feet below the surrounding terrain. Jumping into the pit costs 2 squares of movement.

Stairs: The rubble-choked stairs are difficult terrain.

Rubble Slope: This mass of gravel and scree is difficult terrain. Any character descending the rubble slope must make a DC 18 Acrobatics check or fall prone at the slope’s bottom edge.

lan; river; Pok; Sheeva; val; feall; enemies (1d20 4=11, 1d20 1=11, 1d20 5=19, 1d20 5=23, 1d20 2=4, 1d20 7=11, 1d20 13=16)
[/sblock]

Attachments

• monster.jpg
    monster.jpg
    456.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
*There she goes, saying my name again... For all her positive qualities, there are at least three negative... Bloodthirsty? What libel, no one's been caused any physical harm... So over-emotional, just like the Flamist.* Pok sits in uncomfortable silence, while his name is slandered by Sheeva. He begins preparations for his next illusion. *Tentacle beast?!* the gnome twitches a bit, not sure how to help Sheeva.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=Huh?]
Rolled for me??? And missed at that??? And went zipping past my next soliloquy???

So much for ever having a combat stop because people decide to not fight, especially two groups that are supposed to be good. Guess I won't try that again.
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=KD]
KD - typically in pbp the dm will roll OAs for the players to keep the pace up.Feel free to roll yourself if you'd like. Don't get discouraged about alternative resolutions. There is more than meets the eye.
[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=KD]
KD - typically in pbp the dm will roll OAs for the players to keep the pace up.Feel free to roll yourself if you'd like. Don't get discouraged about alternative resolutions. There is more than meets the eye.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ok]
No worries.

I figured as much regarding the "more than meets the eye", but it would be nice if a combat actually stopped (ever) in an FRPG cause everyone decided to not fight. ;)

Combat always seems to take precedence over roleplaying once initiative is rolled.

I also had just never heard of a DM rolling normal attack/damage rolls for a player unless the player is gone for a while. I understand about OAs though.

26 vs. Bow 3, 17 damage

Damage is only +12 since the second dagger is not out. Also, she will not be damaging anyone else with the secondary portion of the lightning, only the NPC that attacked.

And, if it takes Bow 3 out, she will only be knocking Bow 3 unconscious.

renau1g, you didn't answer my earlier question whether your list was correct or your Invisible Castle was correct on inits.
[/sblock]

Lightning goes flying towards Bow 3.

"I said STOP" Sheeva yells (as a free action on the next foe's turn).

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=OOC ]

Hypnotic Pattern could be considered pacifist in nature. Pok didn't engage in combat just because init was rolled, he hid, listened, assessed the situation, anticipated combat, and acted accordingly.

RP doesn't stop just because combat started...

Didn't see a diplomacy roll on Sheeva's turn, just a readied action attack... Without a roll attached.

Edit: this is probably taking KD's post a little personally, however I'm leaving the above as is.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC ]

Hypnotic Pattern could be considered pacifist in nature. Pok didn't engage in combat just because init was rolled, he hid, listened, assessed the situation, anticipated combat, and acted accordingly.

RP doesn't stop just because combat started...

Didn't see a diplomacy roll on Sheeva's turn, just a readied action attack... Without a roll attached.

Edit: this is probably taking KD's post a little personally, however I'm leaving the above as is.
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Pacifistic???

Using an attack power is not an attack? Pulling people that you are trying to rescue into a pit where they might get injured from the fall is not an attack? Starting a combat when nobody else has yet done so is not aggressive? What if the NPC you pulled into the pit was a minion and took 1 hit point and died?

You seem to have a funny idea of non-aggression and not starting the combat. You actually think from the NPC's POV that Pok didn't start this? They were talking to us with weapons not drawn. Suddenly, Pok attacks (course, the bow wielder somehow thinks that River cast the spell, not sure how that happened).

I seem to recall a few posts where Pok claimed to be non-aggressive, not fighting without a contract, etc., but Sheeva doesn't think that now.

Btw, Val really started this, presumably via a PM by the DM. But, Sheeva doesn't know that. She thinks Pok started it. He lost an awful lot of street cred with her with that move.

And, of course, that is totally fine unless you are taking it personally. I'm just roleplaying how she would act and what she would say.

Course, Sheeva thinks that these are the people we are looking for and that might not be true either. They could be dopplegangers, illusions, mind controlled, whatever. But, I'm not going to roleplay her as if she didn't believe that these are the Flamists acting normally even though I have my doubts.

And, I usually don't make skill checks unless the DM asks me to. If my shout to stop corresponds to what the DM thinks the NPCs would do, there is no need for dice rolls. There is only a need if the NPCs do not want to do what Sheeva shouts and the DM asks me for such a roll. I don't assume that the roll is needed (or even applicable) automatically. The NPCs might agree with what I wanted. I think players go to the skill system pretty quickly in 4E in an effort to try to force the results of the roleplaying to go in their favor with a die roll. Meh. I prefer roleplaying to rollplaying outside of combat rolls and only going to the skill rolls when the DM asks.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads