• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Trouble in Moonwatch (Judge:TwoHeadsBarking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaBaNa

First Post
OOC: The power does no damage, and the pit is less than ten feet deep, zero fall damage. From Pok's view he is preventing escape, not attacking.

Not as though he can defend himself in character currently or this would be excellent roleplay... Stealth...

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Now that I'm last in init order, I'll wait to post. Not until Monday morn probably. But I will ask can I shift one square to upper left? It's off the stairs, but I'm at most 5' off the ground.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The sudden explosion of action kicks Feall's senses into overdrive.

Gotta help Sheeva get free!

Action follows thought - he *flicks* and something settles over the tentacle holding Sheeva in its grasp. Almost simultaneously, the Drow winks out of existence and reappears halfway between Val and Sheeva, his great Falchion out and swinging. Even though it doesn't look like the blade made contact a gash appears on the tentacle just below where it's holding his ally.

[sblock=OOC]Not sure if I hit - if not I'll edit this post.

Free Action: Assassin's Shroud on Tentacle
Move Action: Shadow Step to I8
Minor Action: Draw Falchion
Standard Action: Inescapable Blade (1d20+12=19) and invoke Shroud vs. Tentacle for Damage (2d4+6+1d6.minroll(2)=15)[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
Feall

Passive Perception: 14 Passive Insight: 12
HP: 33/33 Surge: 06/06 (08)
AC: 19 F: 14 R: 18 W: 18
AP: 1

[COLOR=lime]Assassin's Shroud[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lime]Executioner's Noose[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lime]Inescapable Blade[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lime]Shadow Step[/COLOR]

[COLOR=red]Cloak of Shades[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]Cloud of Darkness[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]Darkfire[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]Inescapable Shadow[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]Nightmare Shades[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]Shade Form[/COLOR]

[s][COLOR=darkorange]Targeted for Death[/COLOR][/s]

[COLOR=silver]Magic Ki Focus +2[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]Cloak of the Walking Wounded +1[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]Bracers of Enforced Regret[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]Firestorm Bolts +1 (3)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]Spider Bolts +1 (4)[/COLOR]
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"Friends, hold your weapons. Don't cast any more spells! Their faith is warding us from there weapons. The Flames see the truth even in this confusion." shouts River to his companions. He step closer to Scar, avoiding to do any aggressive move but keepin his defence up. "Scar, hold a moment. We have done you no harm yet. It is just a misunderstanding. We had our lot of trouble too from Moonwatch and some of us are nervous. We want like you to find the cult."

Not sure his words have been understood, he continues "Don't look at the appearance. I might be a shifter, but that doesn't mean I am a threat. I am a follower of Arawai, I value life, yours like ours, and I want none of them to be lost uselessly. We can work together to get down the cult."

[SBLOCK=OOC]Move: Shift to M10

Standard: Diplomatie roll (1d20+10=18) Not great...

Action Point: Diplomatie roll (1d20+10=23) Bah, better, but I would have hoped a 25 at least.[/SBLOCK]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Yes, well done Velmont. Need an action from Kal for Lan before I can resolve it though as he goes before you in the order.

Evo - that's fine for Val to be there, just note that Scar will be next to you.
[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Sorry for the delay everyone. I had no computer access while on turkey day vacation, but I'm back now. [/sblock]

Lanharath jumps back a step as the tentacles burst from the ground, spraying him with bits of earth. Seeing the others surge into action against the beast, Lanharath makes careful note of the things reach. Pointing his sword at the creature, Lanharath challenges the creature to mortal combat, letting Il-Yannah's will flow through his blade in divine magnificence OOC: add teh following if the attack hits: , burning the beasts flesh with the strength of his faith.

[sblock=Actions]
- Minor Action: Lan uses Oath of Enmity on the tentacles/tentacle beast...thingie.
- Standard Action: Lanharath uses Bond of Censure on the tentacle thingie (+7 vs Will [IC is down, please roll for me Renau1g]) On hit: pulls the creature 3 squares towards Lan. If the creature ends up adjacent to Lan, the creature takes 1d10 radiant damage.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
http://www.enworld.org/wiki/index.php?title=LEB:pC:Lanharath_d'Medani_(Kalidrev)] Lanharath d'Medani [/url] XP 3750
Male Kalashtar Avenger 4
Medium natural humanoid
Initiative +2; Senses Passive Insight 19, Passive Perception 27
HP 45/45, Bloodied 22, Surge Value 11, Surges 8/8
AC 19 (21 while bloodied); Fortitude 15, Reflex 17, Will 19
Saving Throws +2 to all saving throws while bloodied (Bloodthread Cloth Armor +1)
Resist 10 Force
Speed 6
Melee Basic Attack with Vicious Longsword: +7 vs AC; 1d8+3 damage
Ranged Basic Attack with Repeating Crossbow: +4 vs AC; 1d8 damage

Powers:
Bond of Censure, Leading Attack
Bastion of Mental Clarity
Abjure Undead
/Divine Guidance
Oath of Enmity
Pass at Arms
Fury's Advance
Loyal Sanction

Strength of Many

Bloodthread Cloth Armor Bloodied Property - Not in effect at this time.
Brooch of Shielding Daily

Note: Due to Lanharath's Divine Distraction feat, if Lanharath is adjacent to his Oath of Enmity target, all allies gain a +1 bonus to damage against Lanharath's Oath of Enmity target. You do NOT have to be adjacent to the Oath of Enmity target to gain this bonus, but it is appreciated (see below for an explanation of why)!

Second Note: Due to Lanharath's Censure of Unity class ability, he gains a +1 bonus to damage (against his oath of enmity) for every ally that is adjacent to his oath of enmity. PLEASE get adjacent to Lanharath's Oath of Enmity as much as possible, thanks!

[/sblock]

[sblock=Note to all players] On his next turn I am going to have Lan go NOVA! In order for this to work properly, I will need as many of you as possible to get adjacent to the tentacle thing. Every ally that is next to the beast when I go nova will contribute about 9 points of damage to my series of attacks! Let's take this thing out! [/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Valahad calls out in the mind of River. "Your words will not sway their task. Their minds have already fallen to the darkness of Khyber. I see in in their eyes, in their souls, can't you?"

The kalashtar calls out a challenge to the nearby foes. "You are tainted by the shadows of Khyber! I am a worthy foe, a foe of The Light. Face me!"

The paladin bends his knees and steps off the stairs, landing with a loud clang. He charges the tentacles swinging his radiant blade hoping to lop off.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Call of Challenge: Bow1, Bow3 and Scar are subject to my divine sanction until the end of my next turn(marked and 7 radiant damage if attacking someone other than me.)
Move: Shift to L11
Standard: Charge tentacles with Valorous Strike(melee basic): +11 vs AC. 1d8+7 damage. On the hit I get a +2 to saves and it gains vulnurable 3 radiant TEMNT.

[sblock=Stats]
Valahad
Passive Perception: 16 Passive Insight: 27
HP: 44/51 Surge: 9/11(12)
AC: 23 F: 15 R: 16 W: 18
AP: 2
Valorous Strike
Enfeebling Strike
Ardent Strike***
Valorous Smite
Righteous Smite
Oath of Enmity
Divine Mettle
Bastion of Mental Clarity
Call of Challenge
Acidic Longsword
Majestic Halo
Dwarven Plate
Acidic Longsword
[/sblock]

[sblock=Kalidrev/All]I'll help you if you help me. I'll do my nova on Scar next turn if I can get a flank with you, or somebody else.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
The sudden explosion of action kicks Feall's senses into overdrive.

Gotta help Sheeva get free!

Action follows thought - he *flicks* and something settles over the tentacle holding Sheeva in its grasp. Almost simultaneously, the Drow winks out of existence and reappears halfway between Val and Sheeva, his great Falchion out and swinging. The blade passes through the creature without harm.

[sblock=OOC]Miss
[/sblock]

Lanharath jumps back a step as the tentacles burst from the ground, spraying him with bits of earth. Seeing the others surge into action against the beast, Lanharath makes careful note of the things reach. Pointing his sword at the creature, Lanharath challenges the creature to mortal combat, letting Il-Yannah's will flow through his blade in divine magnificence. The creature's alien mind resists the pull of the avenger.

[sblock=ooc]
1D20 + 7 => 13 - Miss
[/sblock]

"Friends, hold your weapons. Don't cast any more spells! Their faith is warding us from there weapons. The Flames see the truth even in this confusion." shouts River to his companions. He step closer to Scar, avoiding to do any aggressive move but keeping his defence up. "Scar, hold a moment. We have done you no harm yet. It is just a misunderstanding. We had our lot of trouble too from Moonwatch and some of us are nervous. We want like you to find the cult."

Not sure his words have been understood, he continues "Don't look at the appearance. I might be a shifter, but that doesn't mean I am a threat. I am a follower of Arawai, I value life, yours like ours, and I want none of them to be lost uselessly. We can work together to get down the cult."

The armoured man looks at you for a moment and nods, "Alright, first let's kill that spawn of Khyber over there, then we can talk. Come, lead on armoured one" he says, gesturing to Valahad to lead.

[sblock=Passive Insight DC 21]
This man's words are ringing false in your ears.
[/sblock]

Valahad calls out in the mind of River. "Your words will not sway their task. Their minds have already fallen to the darkness of Khyber. I see in in their eyes, in their souls, can't you?"

The kalashtar calls out a challenge to the nearby foes. "You are tainted by the shadows of Khyber! I am a worthy foe, a foe of The Light. Face me!"

The paladin bends his knees and steps off the stairs, landing with a loud clang. He charges the tentacles swinging his radiant blade hoping to lop off, but the shifting mass of tentacles weaves out of the way of the blade.

[sblock=OOC]
1D20 + 11 => 14 - miss

OA - 1D20 + 12 => 14 miss on Valahad (from tentacle)
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
I've created a room for this game under Moonwatch. Please roll dice there until IC is back up. Not the best, but better than nothing.

Online Dice Roller

Note: for planning your moves the tentacles have threatening reach of 4

Illumination - currently is low-light as the sun's not out. Anyone without low-light (or dark) vision treats others as having concealment. (Other features are below)

tiefling - slowed TENT (Pok)

Pok - 32/32 <- you're up
Scar - uninjured
Sheeva - 26/39 - grabbed
Enemies
Feall - 33/33
Lan - 43/43
River - 33/39
Valahad - 44/51

Columns: These stone columns provide cover and can be climbed with a DC 10 Athletics check.

Trees: Gnarled spruce surround the ruins, their trunks providing cover. Their thick foliage grants total concealment and is difficult terrain. A tree can be climbed with a DC 10 Athletics check.

Foundation Pit: This rubble-strewn pit stands 5 feet below the surrounding terrain. Jumping into the pit costs 2 squares of movement.

Stairs: The rubble-choked stairs are difficult terrain.

Rubble Slope: This mass of gravel and scree is difficult terrain. Any character descending the rubble slope must make a DC 18 Acrobatics check or fall prone at the slope’s bottom edge.

lan; river; Pok; Sheeva; val; feall; enemies (1d20 4=11, 1d20 1=11, 1d20 5=19, 1d20 5=23, 1d20 2=4, 1d20 7=11, 1d20 13=16)
[/sblock][/QUOTE]

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 71

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads