[Adventure] Underneath Hadeys' Door: DM ScorpiusRisk, Judge Renau1g

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Sound of Stone throws open the door and is greeted by a rank smell indeed. The shadowy room features a fire pit in the center, still glowing with old embers. Sound quickly scans the room and finds bits of wood propped up against the walls making low lying hovels. From these spots large furry forms creep forward. Their eyes flash in the dim light, and by the way the drool drips from their front teeth, you'd say that they're hungry.

They quickly rush forward, crowding the door. One of the larger beasts chomps toward Sound but her pushes him back with his shield. A teeming mass of younger vermin swarm around the greater beasts and crawl all over Sounds body, and soon land some decent cuts.

[sblock=Combat Actions]No surprise round. The rats were waiting for someone to open the door.

Dire Rat 1 moves from H11 to J13. Attacks Sound of Stone 17 vs AC. Miss
Dire Rat 2 moves J11 to I12
Dire Rat 3 holds.
Baby Dire Rat Swarm moves from H9 to K13. Attacks Sound of Stone. 14 vs AC. Miss

At the beginning of the Sound of Stone's turn the Rat Swarm attacks again as a free action. 20 vs. AC hits. 9 damage and ongoing 3 damage (save ends).[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Stats]
Map
Illumination: The fire pit casts dim light around the room.
Terrain: Rat Hovels are difficult terrain. If a creature enters the fire pit they take 1d4 fire damage.

19 - Enemies
Dire Rat 1
Dire Rat 2
Dire Rat 3
Baby Rat Swarm
O Swarm Attack * Aura 1
The rat swarm makes a basic attack as a free action against each enemy that begins its turn in the aura.
--Standard Actions
m Swarm of Teeth * At-Will
Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +6 vs AC
Hit: 1d6+3 damage, and ongoing 3 damage (save ends).

18 - Hunzu
16 - Kamtotz
14 - Illarion
11 - Sound of Stone
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[MENTION=91452]rb780nm[/MENTION], would you object terribly if I burned sound of stone to cinders (I'll do my best to miss, of course :) ) - hit Ref on 9+, very risky...or you could, you know, move back and let them come into narrow corridor ...

CaBaNa

First Post
Stop playing with the rats! shouts Kamotz, This isn't the time for guttersnipe games. We aren't Poe Eyez and we don't work for the Red Boots, pull it together.

Whiggins moves closer to the rats, licking his lips, to which Kamotz shakes his head. I feed you better than that. the shifter dismounts, dropping his torch in the process.

Hold still. says Kamotz, pulling out his Temple of Lauto issue triple-headed flail, and winding up for a swing.

[sblock=OOC]

Move action shift to K9-L10

Standard for move dismount into K11

Free drop torch in K11

Minor draw vicious triple-headed flail

[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministat]

Kamotz (Cleric|Paladin)
Initiative +2 Passive Insight 21 Passive Perception 21 Senses Low-Light
HP 34/40; TempHP 0; Bloodied 20; Surge Value 10; Surges Per-Day 9/9
AC 23 Fortitude 17 Reflex 16 Will 18
Second wind; Not Used
Action point; 1
Speed 5
At-will: Holy Strike, Death's Shadow, Divine Challenge
Encounter: Longtooth Shifting, Healing Word, Heedless Fury, Call of Challenge, Healing Strike
Daily: Blood of the Mighty

Whiggins (Dire Wolf)
Initiative +7; Passive Perception +19, Insight +14; low-light vision
Resist 5 all damage while ridden (Impenetrable Barding)
HP 67/67; TempHP 0; Bloodied 33; Surge Value 16; Surges Per-Day 1/1
AC 19; Fortitude 18, Reflex 17, Will 16
Speed 8 (9 while ridden, riding boots)
Bite (standard, at-will) melee 1
+10 vs AC; 2d8+4 damage, 3d8+4 damage vs a prone target, target falls prone if Whiggins has CA.
Pack Harrier; Whiggins gains CA against any enemy that has two or more allies adjacent to it.
Pack Hunter; (while mounted by a friendly rider with the mounted combat feat; at-will) Mount
Whiggins rider gains CA vs any enemy that is adjacent to an ally other than Whiggins.
Alignment Unaligned Languages -
Str 21 (+6) Dex 14 (+3) Wis 14 (+3)
Con 18 (+5) Int 2 (-3) Cha 10 (+1)

[/sblock]

rb780nm

First Post
OOC: SOund of stone will happily move back, but he;s last in the Initiative

Sound of stone swings his spear and his claws at the rat swarm and the Dire rat, before skittering back behind the protection of the great cat, sucessfully slapping the swarming rats off his carapace.

OOC:
Standard: Five Storms
D1: 14 vs Ref,
RS: 15 vs ref,
12 damage n hit
Dire rat, Rat swarm, Damage (1d20+7=14, 1d20+7=15, 1d8+6=12)

Minor: TK Claws
D1: 14 vs AC
RS: 17 vs AC
9 Damage
TK claws, DR, RS, damage (1d20+9,1d20+9,1d8+7=[5, 9], [8, 9], [2, 7])

Assuming anything hits, I;ll use flurry of blows to do an extra 6 damage to the dire rat.

Move: K8

Save (1d20=17)

CaBaNa

First Post
Yes, now come crawl on me little ones... Kamotz fur flares slightly, a black fire surrounds the shifter. The fire emanates a dark light, which pulses slightly around the death priest, a tangible necrotic radiation.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Illarion moves behind great wolf, trying to see the door that Sound of Stone opened.

He focuses and blast of stars shoots forth from the door. Little rats scatter, shooting stars missing most of them and quickly reform in a swarm. Greater one is engulfed in radiant fire.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: L8
Standard: Blazing Starfall vs REF(swarm, dire 1, dire 2); damage (1d20+8=10, 1d20+8=21, 1d20+8=24, 1d4+12=16) - if centering on D1 is impossible, center on the swarm and ignore the attack on rat 2

[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
OOC: The PCs can take their turns in any order. I will process Actions in the order they are posted.

There is only one Rat Swarm. I've removed the other from the map.

Stop playing with the rats! shouts Kamotz, This isn't the time for guttersnipe games. We aren't Poe Eyez and we don't work for the Red Boots, pull it together.

Whiggins moves closer to the rats, licking his lips, to which Kamotz shakes his head. I feed you better than that. the shifter dismounts, dropping his torch in the process.

Hold still. says Kamotz, pulling out his Temple of Lauto issue triple-headed flail, and winding up for a swing.

[sblock=OOC]

Move action shift to K9-L10

Standard for move dismount into K11

Free drop torch in K11

Minor draw vicious triple-headed flail

[/sblock]

Sound of stone swings his spear and his claws at the rat swarm and the Dire rat, before skittering back behind the protection of the great cat, sucessfully slapping the swarming rats off his carapace.

OOC:
Standard: Five Storms
D1: 14 vs Ref,
RS: 15 vs ref,
[DM: Both Hit! ]
12 damage n hit
Dire rat, Rat swarm, Damage (1d20+7=14, 1d20+7=15, 1d8+6=12)

Minor: TK Claws
D1: 14 vs AC
RS: 17 vs AC
[DM: Miss on D1. Hit on RS. Half Damage]
9 Damage
TK claws, DR, RS, damage (1d20+9,1d20+9,1d8+7=[5, 9], [8, 9], [2, 7])

Assuming anything hits, I;ll use flurry of blows to do an extra 6 damage to the dire rat.

Move: K8

Save (1d20=17)

OOC: [DM: Don't forget that you took 3 damage at the start of your turn from ongoing.]

Yes, now come crawl on me little ones... Kamotz fur flares slightly, a black fire surrounds the shifter. The fire emanates a dark light, which pulses slightly around the death priest, a tangible necrotic radiation.

Illarion moves behind great wolf, trying to see the door that Sound of Stone opened.

He focuses and blast of stars shoots forth from the door. Little rats scatter, shooting stars missing most of them and quickly reform in a swarm. Greater one is engulfed in radiant fire.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: L8
Standard: Blazing Starfall vs REF(swarm, dire 1, dire 2); damage (1d20+8=10, 1d20+8=21, 1d20+8=24, 1d4+12=16) - if centering on D1 is impossible, center on the swarm and ignore the attack on rat 2
[DM: I'll give you the center. Miss Swarm, hit both Rats.]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Stats]
Map
Illumination: The fire pit casts dim light around the room.
Terrain: Rat Hovels are difficult terrain. If a creature enters the fire pit they take 1d4 fire damage.

19 - Enemies
Dire Rat 1 20/54 HP * Bloodied * R 14
Dire Rat 2 38/54 HP * R 14
Dire Rat 3 *54/54 HP * R 14
Baby Rat Swarm -16 HP * AC 15, R 14
O Swarm Attack * Aura 1
The rat swarm makes a basic attack as a free action against each enemy that begins its turn in the aura.
--Standard Actions
m Swarm of Teeth * At-Will
Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +6 vs AC
Hit: 1d6+3 damage, and ongoing 3 damage (save ends).

18 - Hunzu - 25/28 HP
16 - Kamtotz - 34/40
14 - Illarion - 34/34
11 - Sound of Stone - 22/34
[/sblock]

Darksteed

First Post
OOC: Hahaha! I like how I asked Kamotz to move forwards and the rest of the party takes the squares I would need to stand in to get my blasts off. Stone anyway you could of moved to J8 instead of K8? It's cool if not. I'll blast from K8 or if need be I'll just Magic Missile from from J8.

Remove ads