• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Underneath Hadeys' Door: DM ScorpiusRisk, Judge Renau1g

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Illarion continues his chaos attacks, Sound of Stone being too close to the rats to be able to use his more powerful invocations. The power he uses however produces satisfying result, as the rat attacking tri-kreen collapses and small shadow detaches again and bites into his companion. The bolt then screams off into the room.

OOC: not sure if I have to have LoS for the bolt to continue, the power doesn't specify enemies you can see (at least not in my version) I rolled 3rd attack, target is an enemy within 5 of D3. The bolt then jumps again at +8 vs Will 1d6+7 continuing as long as the attack roll is even or all creatures are hit.

NOTE: When I needed this power to jump four times it wouldn't :)

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Chaos bolt vs D2 Will; psychic damage; Secondary attack of D3 Will; psychic damage (1d20+8=19, 1d10+8=10, 1d20+8=18, 1d6+7=12) - Illarion gains +1 AC TENT

Chaos bolt third vs unseen Will; psychic damage (1d20+8=20, 1d6+7=13)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
OOC: Thanks SR!

Kamotz watches to see if the group finishes off the last rat, enjoying the prowess of his newly-formed pack.

rb780nm

First Post
Sound of stone steps into the gap left by the dead dire rate and swings his spear at the next rat in the line.

OOC: Cranes Wings: hits Fort 25 for 15 Damage + 6 FoB damage

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
OOC:
@Darksteed I'd like Kamotz to go after Hunzu completes his turn. However, if you are waiting on me, let me know and I'll have Kamotz go first instead.

@rb780nm is Sound of Stone's location correct on the map?

Everyone; We should be,
*updating the map
*updating and posting our character mini-stat blocks during combats.
If we all do these two small things, it will make running the game much easier on ScorpiusRisk, lets work together to lighten his workload.

Last edited:

Darksteed

First Post
*Hunzu strides forwards back into his original place behind the mass that is Kamotz, and Whiggins. He raises a hand and sends a blast of force streaking out past the wolf and his rider. The blast slamming into the remaining Dire Rat with a stern thud.*

[sblock=Actions]Move: Move to K8

Standard: Magic Missile
-Target: Dire Rat 3 (J13)
-Effect: 6 FORCE damage[/sblock]

[sblock=Hunzu]Hunzu- Male Shardmind Enchanter 2
Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 18

AC: 15, Fort: 13, Ref: 15, Will: 15

Initiative: +3; Speed: 6

HP: 25/28, Temp HP:
Bloodied: 14, Surge Value: 7, Surges left: 7/8

Powers-
Light
Mage Hand
Beguiling Strands
Hypnotism
Magic Missile

Action Point [ ]
Charm of Misplaced Wrath [ ]
Second Wind [ ]
Shard Swarm [ ]
Suggestion [ ]

Strategist’s Epiphany [ ]
Wizard’s Fury [ ]
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Kamotz allows the warm blood to trickle down his hide and onto Whiggins, before dismounting again. Excellent job everyone! The shifter gives another too-toothy smile, or maybe he is just baring his teeth in general. A low guttural growl escapes the shifter, and he shakes his head roughly, before snapping his teeth together once.

With uncanny speed, the death priest flows across the floor, with his flail raised high. DIE! Commands Kamotz, his eyes blazing wildly as the triple-headed flail crushes the dire rats head. Gore spatters the shifter, and the death priest revels in the violence. Kamotz laughs allowed YeHA HA HA! chuckles the blood spattered priest, Ok, I admit, that was fun Sound of Stone. remarks Kamotz as his wounds close and the rats infection drip from the lesions to the ground.

[sblock=OOC]

Take 3 damage from ongoing (19/40 hp)

Minor Longtooth Shifting
Requirement: Kamtoz must be bloodied
Effect: Until the end of the encounter, Kamotz gain +2 bonus to damage rolls. While Kamotz is bloodied, he gains Regeneration 2.

Move dismount

Standard for move to closest open square near rat (not sure which square Sound of Stone is in)

AP standard action
Heedless Fury
22 vs AC (Does not include cover, in case Sound of Stone is in the correct spot.)
on hit, 21 damage and Kamotz takes a -5 penalty to all defenses TENT (includes LTS damage bonus)

Save vs ongoing is a fricking fracking CRIT.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
OOC: I apologize for the delay. Its been a rough week, but I'm officially out of my busy season at day job.

Illarion continues his chaos attacks, Sound of Stone being too close to the rats to be able to use his more powerful invocations. The power he uses however produces satisfying result, as the rat attacking tri-kreen collapses and small shadow detaches again and bites into his companion. The bolt then screams off into the room.

[Sblock=ooc]OOC: not sure if I have to have LoS for the bolt to continue, the power doesn't specify enemies you can see (at least not in my version) I rolled 3rd attack, target is an enemy within 5 of D3. The bolt then jumps again at +8 vs Will 1d6+7 continuing as long as the attack roll is even or all creatures are hit.

NOTE: When I needed this power to jump four times it wouldn't :)

[[DM: I think you need Line of Sight. Its still a ranged attack, with a new attack roll. You can see D3 however.]][/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Chaos bolt vs D2 Will; psychic damage; Secondary attack of D3 Will; psychic damage (1d20+8=19, 1d10+8=10, 1d20+8=18, 1d6+7=12) - Illarion gains +1 AC TENT

Chaos bolt third vs unseen Will; psychic damage (1d20+8=20, 1d6+7=13)

[[DM: D2 is dead]]
[/sblock]

Kamotz watches to see if the group finishes off the last rat, enjoying the prowess of his newly-formed pack.

Sound of stone steps into the gap left by the dead dire rate and swings his spear at the next rat in the line.

[sblock=OOC:[] Cranes Wings: hits Fort 25 for 15 Damage + 6 FoB damage[/sblock]

"How many in there, Sound of Stone?"

*Hunzu strides forwards back into his original place behind the mass that is Kamotz, and Whiggins. He raises a hand and sends a blast of force streaking out past the wolf and his rider. The blast slamming into the remaining Dire Rat with a stern thud.*

[sblock=Actions]Move: Move to K8

Standard: Magic Missile
-Target: Dire Rat 3 (J13)
-Effect: 6 FORCE damage[/sblock]

Kamotz allows the warm blood to trickle down his hide and onto Whiggins, before dismounting again. Excellent job everyone! The shifter gives another too-toothy smile, or maybe he is just baring his teeth in general. A low guttural growl escapes the shifter, and he shakes his head roughly, before snapping his teeth together once.

With uncanny speed, the death priest flows across the floor, with his flail raised high. DIE! Commands Kamotz, his eyes blazing wildly as the triple-headed flail crushes the dire rats head. Gore spatters the shifter, and the death priest revels in the violence. Kamotz laughs allowed YeHA HA HA! chuckles the blood spattered priest, Ok, I admit, that was fun Sound of Stone. remarks Kamotz as his wounds close and the rats infection drip from the lesions to the ground.

[sblock=OOC]

Take 3 damage from ongoing (19/40 hp)

Minor Longtooth Shifting
Requirement: Kamtoz must be bloodied
Effect: Until the end of the encounter, Kamotz gain +2 bonus to damage rolls. While Kamotz is bloodied, he gains Regeneration 2.

Move dismount

Standard for move to closest open square near rat (not sure which square Sound of Stone is in)

AP standard action
Heedless Fury
22 vs AC (Does not include cover, in case Sound of Stone is in the correct spot.)
on hit, 21 damage and Kamotz takes a -5 penalty to all defenses TENT (includes LTS damage bonus)

Save vs ongoing is a fricking fracking CRIT.

[[DM: That kills the last rat.]]
[/sblock]

The last rat falls to the ground, with significant mess. With people able to step inside to the room, its clear that the room has housed rats for some time, but seems to be have been tended by more intelligent creatures, keeping a fire pit and propping boards against the walls for hovels.

[sblock=Combat Stats]

Out of Initiative.

Map

18 - Hunzu - 25/28 HP -
16 - Kamtotz - 19/40 - Bloodied
14 - Illarion - 34/34
11 - Sound of Stone - 34/34
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
OOC: I'd like to take a short rest if the group doesn't mind. Does that make a milestone?

Kamotz takes a moment to offer prayer to Hadeys.

[sblock=Ministat as if a short rest was taken.]

Kamotz (Cleric|Paladin)
Initiative +2 Passive Insight 21 Passive Perception 21 Senses Low-Light
HP 19/40; TempHP 0; Bloodied 20; Surge Value 10; Surges Per-Day 9/9
AC 23 Fortitude 17 Reflex 16 Will 18
Second wind; Not Used
Action point; 2
Speed 5
At-will: Holy Strike, Death's Shadow, Divine Challenge
Encounter: Longtooth Shifting, Healing Word, Heedless Fury, Call of Challenge, Healing Strike
Daily: Blood of the Mighty

Whiggins (Dire Wolf)
Initiative +7; Passive Perception +19, Insight +14; low-light vision
Resist 5 all damage while ridden (Impenetrable Barding)
HP 67/67; TempHP 0; Bloodied 33; Surge Value 16; Surges Per-Day 1/1
AC 19; Fortitude 18, Reflex 17, Will 16
Speed 8 (9 while ridden, riding boots)
Bite (standard, at-will) melee 1
+10 vs AC; 2d8+4 damage, 3d8+4 damage vs a prone target, target falls prone if Whiggins has CA.
Pack Harrier; Whiggins gains CA against any enemy that has two or more allies adjacent to it.
Pack Hunter; (while mounted by a friendly rider with the mounted combat feat; at-will) Mount
Whiggins rider gains CA vs any enemy that is adjacent to an ally other than Whiggins.
Alignment Unaligned Languages -
Str 21 (+6) Dex 14 (+3) Wis 14 (+3)
Con 18 (+5) Int 2 (-3) Cha 10 (+1)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads