Adventurers Assemble! (or Avengers Assemble)

perivas

First Post
megamania said:
I was wondering if anyone in En World wished to help me playtest this. I've never run anything higher than 8th level. I'm finding it takes a lot to built a 15+ level PC and hope to keep it balanced against the foes I'm creating for them to challenge.

I think that the thing to keep in mind is that even in the Marvel Universe, not everyone is one the same power level. Even amongst the Avengers. Though one thing to note is that the ones who do not possess the same raw power can always seem to dodge/deflect the blows still, even if they're not doing the damage themselves. This is something that I do not believe the d20 system will portray well.

In a small degree that is why I am creating the characters. I'm trying to choise powers/classes to reflect individual powers/personalities and how they measure up to others. For instance- Man of Iron (Iron Man) has a few levels of Wizard to reflect how he helped created his armor. I then choise ONLY spells that worked within the theme of the character, not what would make him the most powerful character out there. I gave him a lot of detection spells (to mimic his computer guidance system) and gave him "accessory" pieces for his armor.

Hulk could have been utterly devastating given a proper weapon. Instead I gave him only some gauntlets, no swords, hammers or other "Fighter" tools.

Ultimately, this is why I want to play test it. Also, I'm looking for how closely I captured the character. Using Man of Iron again, I had problems translating a billionaire computer/NSA weapons designer into DnD. I went with Fighter 10/Rogue 6/Wizard 5. I was iffy with the wizard part but he needs to have the feel of being able to contribute to it's design and creation. (Otherwise it's Jim Rhodes wearing the armor). Rogue was used to represent his skill points and how he smooth talks his way around others when out of the armor. Fighter since he isn't all an engineer.

The Giant (H Pym) was the same problem. I went for the CR5 level Stone Giant with wizard levels. He is big and strong but no fighter. He creats stuff that has a way of nipping him in the butt later.

Once I complete the characters (about 7 to go then villians) I'll try to get a more complete description of each here.

Remove ads