Aeon Flux

Bobitron

Explorer
Huh! That looked pretty good to me. It obviously isn't too much like the original shorts, but still looks like it could be a fun movie.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Zym said:
Hmmms, I'll probably see it...but so far it seems lacking the proper feel. Not sure I care for Charlize Theron, her face doesn't look right at all, and as mentioned the movement was odd.
In a couple of scenes I thought she looked like Lauren Graham from the Gilmore Girls... :eek:

From the trailer, it doesn't seem dark enough to me to live up to the original animated serial. I guess I'll wait and hear what others have to say before probably not seeing it anyway because there are too many other movies I want to see instead, and limited opportunity to do so.

Soel

First Post
Kesh said:
What are you people talking about? There was no Aeon Flux after Liquid Television got cancelled. ;)

Hear, hear!!

The series was ok, but I preferred the wierder, no dialogue episodes on Liquid Television too.

John Crichton

First Post
Looks cool and I have a small problem with that - I feel like I've seen all the cool parts already. :( I don't hold all films/trailers up to that type of standard. I've never been a huge fan of the series but I did when it was on and it didn't suck. I'll be seeing this one based on the reviews of others I trust.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Wow, it looks horrid! The last time that I can remember being this turned off by a trailer was for Equilibrium - then when I saw it I realized that it was worse than the trailers... The DVD went back to the rental place half watched. I think that I will avoid that experience this time around, thank you very much.

The Auld Grump

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
TheAuldGrump said:
Wow, it looks horrid! The last time that I can remember being this turned off by a trailer was for Equilibrium - then when I saw it I realized that it was worse than the trailers... The DVD went back to the rental place half watched. I think that I will avoid that experience this time around, thank you very much.

The Auld Grump
Hmm. Now my interest is fired up a bit, though.

I loved luvdluvdluvdluvd Equilibrium.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Viking Bastard said:
Hmm. Now my interest is fired up a bit, though.

I loved luvdluvdluvdluvd Equilibrium.

Why? Bad acting, bad plot, bad physics, lots of explosions. If I want explosions I will go watch fireworks - they have a better plot than that piece of garbage.

I hatedhatedhatedhatedhated Equilibrium.

The Auld Grump

Remove ads