• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Aeon Flux

Bobitron

Explorer
Huh! That looked pretty good to me. It obviously isn't too much like the original shorts, but still looks like it could be a fun movie.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Zym said:
Hmmms, I'll probably see it...but so far it seems lacking the proper feel. Not sure I care for Charlize Theron, her face doesn't look right at all, and as mentioned the movement was odd.
In a couple of scenes I thought she looked like Lauren Graham from the Gilmore Girls... :eek:

From the trailer, it doesn't seem dark enough to me to live up to the original animated serial. I guess I'll wait and hear what others have to say before probably not seeing it anyway because there are too many other movies I want to see instead, and limited opportunity to do so.

Soel

First Post
Kesh said:
What are you people talking about? There was no Aeon Flux after Liquid Television got cancelled. ;)

Hear, hear!!

The series was ok, but I preferred the wierder, no dialogue episodes on Liquid Television too.

John Crichton

First Post
Looks cool and I have a small problem with that - I feel like I've seen all the cool parts already. :( I don't hold all films/trailers up to that type of standard. I've never been a huge fan of the series but I did when it was on and it didn't suck. I'll be seeing this one based on the reviews of others I trust.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Wow, it looks horrid! The last time that I can remember being this turned off by a trailer was for Equilibrium - then when I saw it I realized that it was worse than the trailers... The DVD went back to the rental place half watched. I think that I will avoid that experience this time around, thank you very much.

The Auld Grump

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
TheAuldGrump said:
Wow, it looks horrid! The last time that I can remember being this turned off by a trailer was for Equilibrium - then when I saw it I realized that it was worse than the trailers... The DVD went back to the rental place half watched. I think that I will avoid that experience this time around, thank you very much.

The Auld Grump
Hmm. Now my interest is fired up a bit, though.

I loved luvdluvdluvdluvd Equilibrium.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Viking Bastard said:
Hmm. Now my interest is fired up a bit, though.

I loved luvdluvdluvdluvd Equilibrium.

Why? Bad acting, bad plot, bad physics, lots of explosions. If I want explosions I will go watch fireworks - they have a better plot than that piece of garbage.

I hatedhatedhatedhatedhated Equilibrium.

The Auld Grump

Remove ads