• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Aeon (updated 10/9/14)

I admit to some surprise that Mostin doesn't have some method of chastizing demons and devils. One allowed by his understanding with the Host, I mean. If Iua - or her sword - isn't a major arcane connection to Surab, I'd be pretty surprised. Design and cast an anti-evil spell through that.

Of course, my paradigm isn't Sepulchrave's. I suspect we interpret "Lawful Good" very differently.

-Albert

tleilaxu

First Post
Al the Absentminded said:
I admit to some surprise that Mostin doesn't have some method of chastizing demons and devils. One allowed by his understanding with the Host, I mean.

mostin isn't allowed to summon fiends anymore. this is his preferred method of 'dealing' with them. as per titivilus et al.

Destil

Explorer
You know what the weirdest thing about this story is...

This is your iconic 3rd Edition 4 member party.

Sure you have a paladin instead of a fighter and a druid instead of a cleric. No real change there, though.

Interesting to see how far from the beaten path a game can get with the same tools as everyone else.

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
Here's a sketch of Gihaahia. What do folks think? Be honest- the artist is anxious that we be happy with the final work.

attachment.php

Attachments

• demon chick 150.jpg
    demon chick 150.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 420

Bloodcookie

Explorer
Cheiromancer said:
Here's a sketch of Gihaahia. What do folks think? Be honest- the artist is anxious that we be happy with the final work.

It's certainly well-drawn, but I do have a question: is this Gihaahia as herself, or as the Enforcer? Because, if it's the former, she seems much more... anthropoid than I had imagined, considering that she is "an atavism from a previous reality". And, if it's the latter manifestation, I had thought she would appear more austere and androgynous - "black-clad humanoid shape, approximately female". Of course, it's entirely possible these judgments have no objective basis, and I've been mislead by my own imagination :heh:

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
After telling him about the story hour (and giving him the link to the compiled story hour) I described who the Claviger was, and that Gihaahia was the Claviger's enforcer. Let's see if I can find my exact words:

There isn't a very detailed description of the Enforcer. She appears as an incredibly beautiful woman with impossibly red hair, clad in black (post 113 of the thread). She is cruel and sadistic, but constrained by the Claviger. She's really an abomination; the daughter of a Goddess of Annihilation named Chesne and Astaroth, a duke of Hell.

So the portrait is more as the Enforcer than her true form. And the descriptions in the story hour are not entirely consistent; at least I am not sure how one can manage being "incredibly beautiful" if one is only "approximately female". If I had to choose, I'd prefer the former rather than the latter.

I like her hands. And the way her hair looks- when it is colored it should be very nice.

Lela

First Post
At her "creation" she's referred to as "a woman of singular beauty".

I have a vague recollection of an art thread. Is there anything beyond what I got out of the Yahoo group?

Felix

Explorer
Nice pick. I'd still like to see her next to the physical tablet of the claviger rather than broken wagon wheels, but with redredred hair and black leather, she'd be wonderfully done.

The only other things I could think of to make her somewhat more beastial would be the old cliches; hooves, tail, reversed knees. I wouldn't change anything though. Maybe red eyes as well as red hair?

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Wayward reader just rediscovering (lost my notification somehow), and I wonder if anyone can enlighten me: Have we ever heard more about The Confrontation? (aka what happened in Afqithan). It's alluded to but not detailed, right?

Man, if only I had the time to reread from the beginning again...

Remove ads