• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Aeon (updated 10/9/14)

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
It's a good picture. I think the depiction is an appropriate interpretation, however I think some background detail that tells us who she is would make the art perfect. The Claviger tablet in the background would be perfect.

Ideally anyone should be able to look at these pictures and say "Now that's the Enforcer."

I like the pose a great deal, although I'd prefer it if she were more slender, and her hips and breasts less generous. I don't remember if I described her this way, but when she first appeared to Mostin, I imagined her outfit as very simple - more of an imitation of mortal clothing, without ostentation or even necessarily functionality. More for the sake of modesty, maybe.

I am not sure how one can manage being "incredibly beautiful" if one is only "approximately female"

I don't think that androgyny and beauty are mutually exclusive. On the right girl, of course.

I think her eyes should be black pits.

I really like her face and hair.

Justin

Explorer
Obviously Gihaaia is Sep's creation, but I thought I'd toss in my two cents here.

I always pictured her something like an idealized version of Shirley Manson, but taller and a bit more buff. And I love Sep's comment about her eyes being black pits. That, with the clawed hands, makes me now think of a cross between Shirley and how the character Michael Corvin in Underworld: Evolution would start to vamp/wolf out. :cool:

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
Alrighty; I sent Sep's comments to the artist, and asked him to start a new draft. I'll pay him for the sketch above (I am no oppressor of artists) since it fits my initial description quite well. Besides, Gihaahia is a shape-changer- perhaps this is her in a more feminine moment.

I should probably not be so hasty in commissioning pieces before I know what they are supposed to depict. If I had a short descriptive paragraph of a character in hand it would make it a lot easier for the artists.

I haven't seen the sketch for the evolved Mostin yet, but I did forward the old portrait by Doctor Midnight as a basis; it would be nice if an observer could recognize the two portraits as being of the same character at different times. I wanted Mogus to be more grotesque, Mostin to have a tentacle (I'm not sure what it will look like exactly- either a suckered tentacle or an oily pseudopod, most likely), and there to be more eyes on the robe. A different hat (artist's discretion), and a more animate beard.

I don't know if he will be a long-lasting antagonist, but I was thinking of Temenun (or one of the other 11) as a possible future commission. A thin rakshasa with the head of a white tiger. Is there more to Temenun than that?

Zaruthustran

The tingling means it’s working!
Quick question: is there a PDF or Word doc of the compiled Sep's story hour? I didn't find a link the Compiled thread.

Lela

First Post
Zaruthustran said:
Quick question: is there a PDF or Word doc of the compiled Sep's story hour? I didn't find a link the Compiled thread.

You can find word docs here for the first 7 threads:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Sepulchraves-Wyre/

You have to subscribe but, trust me, it's worth it. Usually Grodog lets everyone there know when we get an update. Or you can just go the no e-mail route.

I'm currently cleaning them up (we're talking hundreds of pages) while reading them again. Hopefully saying that won't curb my enthusiasm. If you want a copy of #1, let me know. I can e-mail it.

Also, if anyone is an OpenOffice expert, I am having a little trouble with weird lines. Toss me an e-mail (dynamicIntrovert2 vis a vis Y!).

tleilaxu said:
mostin isn't allowed to summon fiends anymore. this is his preferred method of 'dealing' with them. as per titivilus et al.

Yeah, but since he has fiendish enemies, it would make sense to come up with a way to dispose of them that doesn't violate his agreement.

-Albert

Roman

First Post
Great stuff! I am especially interested in seeing whether NWM is right and Eadric proves to be the cause of the current troubles due to his behaviour that could be considered... questionable... in some circles of his religion.

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
Alright. The Shirley Manson-like figure proved too hard to get right. So I decided to go with the other version; Gihaahia in a feminine mood. The segmented armor-like appearance of her clothes hints at her true, scaly form. Her hair is so red it makes everything else appear colorless. Her eyes are black pits. The background scene of destruction hints at her delight in mayhem.

I attached it to the master link of links in the compiled thread, but this is what I think she looks like:
[sblock=Gihaahia]
attachment.php
[/sblock]

Harsh did a fine job.

I'd like to have him do Temenun next, but I need more description about the rakshasa's clothing and gear.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads