• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Affiliations!!! Anyone use em?

Ferrum

First Post
I'm talking about Affiliations from PHBII. Has anyone used them, and to what effect? Have you used the ones straight out of the book? Have you made up your own? Have you adjusted the mechanic at all? Made house rules? The more info you can give me the better.

Also, I'm interested in putting together a prestige class that harmonizes with or could even enhance the affiliation mechanic. Something to the order of a master politician/tactician/planner. Any ideas?

the Jester

Legend
I've used them a little, but only recently; not yet enough to have any real good feedback for you. Sorry!

I can say that I've been using my own affiliations, rather than the ones in the book, and I really like the idea... so far it seems like the affiliation rules are pretty cool, but nobody has more than 2 affiliation points yet, so it really is too early to tell...

Prophet2b

First Post
I also like the idea, but haven't yet used them. I'm hoping my players will go for them, though, as I think they look pretty cool and are a better way to determine what benefits they'll get in an organization, aside from me arbitrarily deciding things like that.

I would be interested in hearing from those who have used them, though...

awayfarer

First Post
Funny, one of my players just brought this up. An affiliation would make sense for the game I'm running. The PC's are part of The Citadel in Breland (Eberron), specifically the Kings Blades. I think I would have to come up with something entirely seperate from any of the sample ones though. Some of them seem a bit non-sensical and furthermore, I don't want to add anyting quite so strong as what the book presents.

Ferrum

First Post
So far everyone likes the idea, but no one has any real experience with them?

Anyone have any thoughts on how a specially made class (for an NPC) could interact interestingly with affiliations?

I've used affiliations to re-design my campaign world's crunch.

Its come too late in the campaign to be of much use to players, but I have high hopes for next time.

And I can't see anyone using the ones in the book. Generic organisations? No thanks!

javcs

First Post
I'm planning on utilizing affiliations in my next campaign. Well, actually my next world ... last one got destroyed. :\

But not the book ones.
They spoke most truly when they denied the generic by-the-book affiliations.

Remove ads