After Earth OOC

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
BTW, just want to let everyone know... Mass Effect 2 is probably the best game EVER! If I snatch some influence, don't be alarmed :cool:

Blackrat

Hmm... Klingons... Ahem... Thomaar in AE. The Proud Warrior Race Guys. *Whistling* Yeah, I wouldn't throw them at you, now would I?
heh.gif

Rhun

First Post
BTW, just want to let everyone know... Mass Effect 2 is probably the best game EVER! If I snatch some influence, don't be alarmed :cool:

Can't wait to get it and play. Mass Effect 1 was awesome, and I'm sure this one is at least as good.

Lucky for us we already dealt with a crippled colonial ship... so we don't have to worry about Klingons cloaking and taking us out.

I'd take Klingons any day over the Krogan.

Shayuri

First Post
I enjoyed ME2 greatly, both as a standalone product, and as a continuation of ME1's storyline. Given the narrative problem of "reducing" Shepard from the ME1 endgame, that's no small feat. They handled it remarkably well, IMO.

The plot of ME2 is simpler than ME1, and more linear (though gameplay is not linear...you can do most missions in any order, though there are some 'gotchas' in the plot missions). What makes ME2 extraordinary isn't the story of it, which has few surprises, but the degree to which it adds onto the setting and mythology of the series. It even addresses some of the Big Questions from the first game; about Reapers and their methods and motives.

I also like how they show, rather than tell, how the Terminus systems are radically different than Council space. There are no big governments here, no enforced civility, no big fleet backing up the Council's soft talk. Even relatively civilized worlds like Illium have a sort of lawless, "everyone for themselves" feel to them.

Rhun

First Post
Thanks for the review, Shayuri! It sounds great. I'll pick the game up, as soon as I can get it used at a decent price. :) Call me cheap, but I've got too many other places to spend money than throwing $60 down on a video game.

Blackrat

I completely agree with Shay. There is only two grievances I have with ME2. The first is that combat is now clip-based. I loved the heating weapongs of ME1. Now I tend to run out of clips at most inappropriate times. The other is the new planet scanning minigame. Gets really boring after a while but is basically a must do to get the necessary upgrades...

ethandrew

First Post
I loved the game. I think I put in my 40+ hours in about a week and a half, much like I did the original ME1. Normally I don't like putting $60 down on a game, but I felt like Bioware should be rewarded with my full moneys for this excellence. I will say though:

[sblock=Hardly a Spoiler]I'm a little disappointed I didn't see Tali's face when Shepard nailed her.[/sblock]

Blackrat

Hehee... Don't put too much thought into the name of Mr. Kobayashi. I was skimming through some list of common japanese surnames and when I saw that one I felt it'd be awesomely appropriate for a scifi game :D

Remove ads