• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

After the manor...

injuredwyvern

First Post
Kultar said:
Did you ever consider that perhaps it is the spirits that are directing us into forming the tribunal? Perhaps they see that we need to focus our energies in order to be more effective in dealing with and surviving the situations that they see us approaching. Would you be right in denying this message from the spirits? Great deads and action require great focus and the spirits see this. That is why that are trying to get us to form the tribunal and concentrate our energies.

Yeah, I did think about that, but it's not really like spirits to do something in an organized fashion. Think of it like a forest, the tree spirits could have chosen to line themselves up with each other in nice even rows which would show excellent organization, but instead they created forests like those around Greerson. Personally, I like things the way they are, in terms of the forests and our group.

Kultar

First Post
injuredwyvern said:
Yeah, I did think about that, but it's not really like spirits to do something in an organized fashion. Think of it like a forest, the tree spirits could have chosen to line themselves up with each other in nice even rows which would show excellent organization, but instead they created forests like those around Greerson. Personally, I like things the way they are, in terms of the forests and our group.

Yet are the spirits not wise enough to realize that at times such wonderful things as natural growth need to be organized so that they are better able to survive? Do not the tree spirits organize the manner in which their seeds are grown so to better their survival? The hard outer shell to protect the soft seed of life? Do not the spirits direct animals to form into groups to better protect themselves? In these groups do the spirits not establish a higherarchy of dominace amungst the animals? The spirits could be doing the same to our group. We are a seed of hope and the spirits see that in organizing us it better enables us to survive and spread the good that we have to offer? Could you deny the spirits this when they have given such a boon unto lowly mortals such as us?

Last edited:

Felix’s thoughts:
If Tormal wants to be the military leader and Li wants to be the contact with LT, then that is alright by Felix. As for representing the entire Seekers of Legend in terms of diplomacy, Felix does not want that responsibility. In fact he believes that Ceru had the best idea when he proposed the idea to do whatever fits the situation best in terms of diplomacy. For instance: if our group just needs a representative to talk to some npc we encounter, or if we just need to ask somebody a favor, depending on the nature of the situation it could be anybody in the party (except Ayla). However, if we just need somebody to make up a ridiculous lie, Felix is your guy.
As for the idea of entering Tormal’s dreams, think about it. I don’t want to see what he is dreaming about.
A lot of the party looks in the direction of Felix when the word trustworthiness comes up. Moat of the party will likely say that Felix is not a trusting individual. But what actually is their basis for this. Felix has never done anything but help the Seekers of Legend. Is there some sort of object that anybody in the party believes Felix is hoarding. If so, Felix would be pleased to know about it. Felix does not want to see the Seekers of legend falter. He wants them to succeed just as much as anybody else does. If at any point in time Felix does something that is frowned upon by the rest of the group then they need to let him know. And if he has done anything in the past that the group did not agree with, then now is the time to settle it.
Felix would also like to know exactly what kinds of roles will be played by the proposed three leaders of the group.

Tormal

First Post
Tormal stands quietly as the argument breaks out and continues on. He listens patiently until there the short pause Tyrm gives. He barges his way into the conversation.

"I understand you're point of view ceru and I certainly agree with both of you. Please, don't take this as an attack on you or your beliefs but organization is certainly the key to this group succeeding. We don't have to be "lined up in straight rows" in a military fashion with clean cut orders, doctrines or rules. We don't have to march in a line, we don't have to conform to eachother's beliefs and we certainly don't have to agree with eachother all the time. What Tyrm is trying to say is that we have to function smoothly as a group. It involves organization but not physically. We have to come up with some way of handling certain situations or it may turn around and bite us in our own arses!" He laughs loudly "On the other hand " he slowly looks to Tyrm "I wouldn't argue with Ceru about the spirits. He is certainly the expert here. I understand you have your own beliefs... about belmay? But you cannot expect the spirits to function the same way she does." He looks back at Ceru "One last thing I certainly believe on instinct. As a matter of fact I rely on it. It's what allows me to be as quick as I am in battle. In the place I was trained they taught us to use our intution as a defense. I would never give that up and that's not what organization will do. I can also tell you... there is no way we can plan for everything! We just need to be prepared to deal with issues that may harm the group. In any case, your free to continue. I felt like putting my copper coins in."

BSF

Explorer
BardStephenFox said:
Chris,
that was nice. I take it you have figured out what your next totem spirit is. Do me a favor and wo a little write up on all your totem spirits for me. You know, stuff like how you address them, what relationship you have with them, etc. Not quite a stat out, but a personality rough-in.

Chris, if I don't have this by next session, I will go ahead and start putting together my take on things. :) But I need confirmation on what totems you have and why the taboos apply to them.

BSF

Explorer
OK, if you guys have hashed most of this out, I have a little request.

Can you figure out where you are going after the manor? It seems likely that you will exit the wild-grown orchard and continue to follow the road, but I could be wrong. What are your "standing plans" for the next few days? It sure would be nice to start of the next session with a plan to get the game rolling along again.

Thanks.

BSF

Explorer
It certainly leads vaguely in the direction you think the Gnolls are toward. It is kind of ambiguous where they are. Just this general area.

Kultar

First Post
Seeing how we dont really have any other path to follow i think that it might be a good idea to follow the road. Though every once in a while i think we should deviate from it about a half day march. Just my thoughts though.

Tormal

First Post
Tormal is all for following the road further to see if the group can locate the Gnolls. To him, that is our mission and thats where is vote will fall. However, if there seems to be a high level of resistance from the rest of the group Tormal will insist we find a safe place to take the clay cylinders. One way or the other he believes the group should follow the road.

Remove ads