• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Against the Crimson Tide IC

Ghostknight

First Post
Paxus Asclepius said:
"Hah. You can't protect me from them; the best you can give me is a swift death."

"I have resources you do not know about. I can hide you if you wish. If you wish to stay here at their mercy, that too is your choice. I wll not kill needlessly."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
"All right, then. See if you can hide me, and if it works, I'll see what I can do to help you." Jesper can tell that the man tried to conceal a few moments of quick calculation.

Jesper said:
"Hmm, not much to go on. Hey Domina, this is where your friend could get useful if her reputation is anything to go on!"

Domina snorts quietly. "I hardly know her, but close enough."

She toys with the handle of her scythe casually, waiting for Jesper to finish speaking with the merchant, and listens to their conversation. Well, seems this is a dead end for me... doesn't sound like what I am here after.

Last edited:

silentspace

First Post
Anya seeing nothing on the horizon, realizes the voyage could take a while. She and her cohort will retire to the cabin to rest. Her coure familiar, not needing to sleep, will stay above, keeping a watch out.

Ghostknight

First Post
Jesper looks at the manand then at Domina.

"Well Domina, ready for a trip to my home? It should be intersting if nothing else!"

He takes out his cubic gate and opens a gate to the guild headquarters.

"Step through, I promise nobody is going to attack you on the other side unless you attack first!"

Domina shrugs. "As long as it is a short trip... or I can bring Arshae." She grins at Jesper's last comment, and steps through the gate, holding her scythe in a two-handed grip.

Ghostknight

First Post
Jesper follows them through the gate.

They have arrived in an area overlooked by four small towers. Jesper waves at the guards and leads the others down the path, through the gardens by the temple, overlooked by further guard towers, and then through to his home.

"Welcome to my home. Make yourselves comfortable, I will have some refreshments brought through."

Smiling he pulls on a small bell, summoning a green liveried servant.

"Please call Demeter, I have need of her." Turning to Domina he asks, "Anything you need?"

ooc: Most of his over a thousand followers make up the guards, servants etc of the plane. Demeter is his 9th level follower, a mage. let me know if this is ok by you.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Fairweather moves through the water, now feeling its corruption. In her elemental form, she attracts no lasting attention from the swarms of bizarre creatures which inhabit the city, most resembling that which had attacked her earlier. Dalamutha manages to stay unnoticed for much of the journey, but after one too many close escapes, he hides in a small coral cave, declaring in a shaken voice that he will await her return here.

Once in the city, Fairweather sees that the monstrosities appear to have no organization whatsoever; they are roaming the coral spires without visible purpose, lashing out at anything that crosses their path, including each other. A large group, however, seems to be gathered around a large and ornate structure which might be a palace or temple, or indeed both. Occasionally one attempts to enter one of the archways, only to be rebuffed by an unseen force.

~

Anya is awoken by a sharp shock; her familiar is instantly at her side, informing her that some tentacled beast has ensnared the ship, and is attempting to sink it. The distinct tilt of the vessel gives confirmation of the coure's message.

~

Demeter enters the room, moving swiftly but calmly. "What do you require?"

silentspace

First Post
Paxus Asclepius said:
Anya is awoken by a sharp shock; her familiar is instantly at her side, informing her that some tentacled beast has ensnared the ship, and is attempting to sink it. The distinct tilt of the vessel gives confirmation of the coure's message.

Anya immediately goes above deck with Kira, her familiar, and lift off into the air. Seeing her cohort on deck, she calls out "Sumi, protect the sailors!"

Anya and Kira fly upwards, taking a look at the tentacled beast.

OOC: Anya flies at spd 40 (average) from Overland Flight, which is always active. Kira flies at spd 60 (perfect). Anya tries to identify the beast [Knowledge (Nature) +13]

Edit: Basically Anya wants to see if it is an intelligent creature who she can communicate with. If so, she will try a rushed Diplomacy check to get it to back down for a moment so they can talk. Anya's Diplomacy mod should be +43 (I forgot to increase synergy bonuses using the epic rules). She'll use the rushed Diplomacy check for a mod of +33.

She wants to find out if the beast knows anything about the crimson sea. Possibly the beast dislikes the crimson sea and its effects, and may help lead Anya to the source...

Last edited:

Remove ads