Against the Giants 5e PBP (Full)

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Hey, let's go over EVERYONE'S "Quests" because I've started to grow hazy myself on a few of them:
@Hriston Bible was looking for Cordit (DONE! I have to come up with a boon, or something, but for now, Cordit being around is your reward!)
@Blue Eoghan ... I don't remember.
@Lidgar Jack was looking for a Rakshasa (Details are fuzzy ATM but... we will see.)
@VLAD the Destroyer Quinn ... I don't remember.
@TerraDave Tenibor, has dropped out so it's not really important
@Shadowedeyes Valda was to wrestle a giant (has she done that, exactly? I mean, she's fought them for sure!)

@Kobold Stew The Colonel, was to mentor Donnell (and keep him alive). Working on it for sure.
@Snarf Zagyg Doc Vileweir, was to find out why the Nameless Sherriff sent him to this world (I think we'll keep it "to Find Tobacco")
@JustinCase Duvrael Oolo, has dropped out, so it's not really important
@Tonguez Kahru Karavetra, was to get back at the Ogres who raided his people?
@Maxperson Kaligan ... finding out what's up?
@Steve Gorak Gimlak was to rescue the dwarves. DONE!

Please fill me in on details that you remember and we'll get them narrowed down to doable things.
What I remember is being tasked with finding out if there were sky giants involved, which I reported back about after our first return trip. I can't remember if they tasked me with something else or not.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
@FitzTheRuke Quinn was never given a quest. At the time you said you'd need to come up with something. I don't think you ever did or I missed it.
Hmmm... That sounds like something I would do (leave it with good intentions and forget all about it). It's even very likely that I thought about it, came up with something great, and then didn't remember to ever actually post it; and now don't remember it at all.

I've done that TONS of times.

If you can think of some vague idea (a seed!) that leans toward something you'd like it to be, I can work with that.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
FYI, I will be largely unavailable from this evening through July 31. Stuff, y'know. Feel free to use Doc as needed in the meantime if I'm not posting.

I think we might still need a post from @Maxperson (kaligan) and @Steve Gorak (Gimlak), but it looks like we will going forward- maybe Kaligan and Gimlak want to talk to or further befriend Captain Caine prior to the assault?

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
FYI, I will be largely unavailable from this evening through July 31. Stuff, y'know. Feel free to use Doc as needed in the meantime if I'm not posting.

I think we might still need a post from @Maxperson (kaligan) and @Steve Gorak (Gimlak), but it looks like we will going forward- maybe Kaligan and Gimlak want to talk to or further befriend Captain Caine prior to the assault?
Sorry, I hadn’t realized there were new posts and that folks were waiting for me. Always feel free to tag me if I’m taking too long.
Cheers,

Sg

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
Heads up I’ll be traveling through next Friday. Bad timing for Jack - so feel free to run him and advance Group 1 as needed.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Hey @FitzTheRuke,

I'm a bit confused and not sure where we're standing with the timeline. Have we waited the extra day for the stone giants to leave? If so, Gimlak is ready to go with the group.

Also, how far away is the giant's keep from the Cairn? Gimlak can keep a telepathic connection with 1 creature over 4 miles (telepathic speech, Aberrant mind sorcerer feature), so this could be a way to let the rest of the soldiers know when to storm in.
Cheers,

SG

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Hey @FitzTheRuke,

I'm a bit confused and not sure where we're standing with the timeline. Have we waited the extra day for the stone giants to leave? If so, Gimlak is ready to go with the group.
We're trying to work out a few hurdles on the way to that plan, I think.

Also, how far away is the giant's keep from the Cairn? Gimlak can keep a telepathic connection with 1 creature over 4 miles (telepathic speech, Aberrant mind sorcerer feature), so this could be a way to let the rest of the soldiers know when to storm in.
It's within that range (as the crow flies, for sure). It's just over an hour's hike over often difficult terrain. (Hazardous, even, especially in the dark, or if you don't know the best route.) I'd put it at somewhere around 2 miles, telepathy-wise.

Yeah, that's good. Seeing as you didn't have the chance to voice your objections earlier, we can say that you left the Cairn with a connection to Lord Faldur, and that you'd tell them to "stand down" if the conditions of a good assault weren't met. Those conditions could include "if the Stone Giants haven't left" - which they haven't, yet.

Remove ads