• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Against the Giants: Steading of the Hill Giant Chief

Walking Dad

First Post
Aelar of the Feywood

Aelar isn't as worn out as the others, their pace just a walk for his trained legs. He silently searches the immediate surroundings of the cave for tracks.

OOC: Darkvision, Speed 8, Stealth +15, Nature +19, Perception +21. Taking 10, if possible.

Inspiratorium

First Post
Deacon sets down his shield in the cave and takes out his everburning torch from within his pack. He busies himself with exploring the inside of the cave to see how far it went, and if there was anything of potential use within it. There wasn't much he could do outside at the moment.

OOC: Perception +8, Dungeoneering +6

Scotley

Hero
Wik joins in helping to make the cave habitable and picking a spot for his bedroll. "We could do some scouting, but my preference would be to hit them as soon as possible. We risk revealing ourselves in a scouting mission and altering them to our presence."

tiornys

Explorer
[sblock=Aelar]You are able to find a few very faint, old, and concealed traces of humanoid tracks, almost certainly signs from when Wik and his companions used the cave. There is no sign of giant tracks, and the lingering smell of human appears to have kept animals away.

You are also able to tell that the plants concealing the entrance did not grow in that location naturally. Someone skilled in plant lore carefully placed and nurtured the growths to make them appear natural but completely obscure the cave.[/sblock]

[sblock=Deacon]The cave is dry and relatively shallow, more of a hollow in the rock than part of a living cave system. The sides and base are solid rock, and you find no openings other than the main entrance.[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Before anyone has unrolled bedrolls and the like, Gwenn takes out her Instant Campsite and activates it.

Wik whistles in appreciation. "That's a nifty toy you have there." He puts his own supplies in an out of the way spot now having little need of them. "Since we have such a nice camp thanks to Gwenn I suggest we make a plan for scouting or attacking in the morning, set watches and get some rest."

drothgery

First Post
"I had an ancestor who spent a lot of time in the field, didn't like setting up camp, and didn't want to just have one of his people take care of it for him." Gwenn said.

tiornys

Explorer
With the excellent campsite and warding rituals, the night passes comfortable and peacefully. As the day breaks, birdsong can be heard from outside the cavern, a sign that the area is likely clear of giants or their minions for the time being.

GM: If you do any further extended resting, here or elsewhere, I will want to have a watch schedule. But for now, I figure I can save the trouble, as nothing happens your first night.

Walking Dad

First Post
Aelar of the Feywood

"I would also like to go in front. I feel that my senses could be most useful there, or during scouting ahead."

[sblock=OOC]

If we have to decide on guards for further rests, Aelar can take the middle shift. He got darkvision.

[sblock=Character Sheet]http://www.enworld.org/forum/5721474-post6.html
Aelar of the Feywood
Perception: 31 Insight: 27 Darkvision
AC 27 Fortitude 23 Reflex 27 Will 28
Initiative: +21
Hit Points: 92 / 92 Bloodied: 46
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +2 vs effects with the charm, illusion, or sleep keyword.
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.0
Healing Surge: 23 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will Powers: Fire Hawk, Magic Stone
Encounter Powers: Thorn Spray, Wind Wall, Charm Beast, Redfang Prophecy, Camouflage Cloak, Feywild Sojourn, Studded Leather
Daily Powers: Summon Natural Ally 3/3, Seed of Healing, Tightened Control

Condition:
[/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads