• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Against the Giants: Steading of the Hill Giant Chief

Scotley

Hero
"Yes, for scouting I think being in front would be best." He claps Aelar on the shoulder "Very good let us take the fore." He checks his bowstring and slips on camouflaged clothing suited to the terrain.

OOC: +20 stealth (+2 when not moving) and +14 perception.

drothgery

First Post
"Very well, then." It was clear Gwenn would prefer to take point herself, but the trip out here had convinced her that Wik was one of the very, very few people better at keeping himself hidden than she was, and that both he and the elf were more likely to spot things than she. And it was also clear that the two people who knew this part of the country well should not both be in the point group. "We'll trail you two by 100 feet or so, then?"

Inspiratorium

First Post
Deacon straps his shield to his arm as he prepare for the travel, checking over his equipment one last time to ensure that nothing had been damaged. "I'll take point in the main group, if nobody objects. You two need help, just give us a shout and I can come running."

pathfinderq1

First Post
Now that the group was in the field, Miranda had switched into plainer clothing more suited to their task. Her deep hooded cloak was a dark reddish-brown, disturbingly like dried blood, but it covered her brightly trimmed armor well enough.

"While I admit that most of you seem deeply knowledgable about this sort of expedition, I feel I must remind you that we ought to have someone sharp-eyed towards the back of the group as well. I truly doubt that we will have a monopoly on the element of surprise."

OOC: Miranda will, obviously, prefer to remain in the middle of the marching formation

tiornys

Explorer
While the others prepare to depart, Lucan grows withdrawn and troubled. Sitting against the cave wall, he mumbles something about staying behind to watch the fallback position. No amount of cajoling (or threats) seems to matter; he's staying here for now.

Scotley

Hero
Wik looks at Lucan and then shakes his head. "I will not force any man to face the giants. Stay here and guard our base." He stomps off clearly disgusted.

drothgery

First Post
"I'll take point in the main group, if nobody objects. You two need help, just give us a shout and I can come running."
"I think it would be best if I took that spot. I work better from the lead -- if Wik was not with us, I would be on point myself -- and there's a better chance that I'll see something that they miss. And you have a much better chance of delaying something that makes it past me than the reverse, I should think." Gwenn says.

"While I admit that most of you seem deeply knowledgeable about this sort of expedition, I feel I must remind you that we ought to have someone sharp-eyed towards the back of the group as well. I truly doubt that we will have a monopoly on the element of surprise."
OOC: Miranda will, obviously, prefer to remain in the middle of the marching formation
"There's not much for it, though. I suppose Brook can handle the rearguard?" She asks.
OOC: Miranda, Brook, and Gwenn all have similar perception scores due to either training or high wisdom but not both (Brook is +11; Miranda and Gwenn +12); Deacon is a bit worse (+8)

Wik looks at Lucan and then shakes his head. "I will not force any man to face the giants. Stay here and guard our base." He stomps off clearly disgusted.
Gwenn looks back at Lucan. She was quite sure something was going on with him that she didn't understand.

Inspiratorium

First Post
"Fair enough" Deacon acknowledges, before sheathing his hammer. He gives a quick glance backwards to Lucan. He considers trying to convince him to come with them, then decides against it. Let the man do what he pleased. If he was this afraid, he wouldn't be that much use anyways.
OOC: So the order is Wik and Aelar up front, then Gwenn, Deacon, Miranda, then Brook, if there are no further objections?

Phaezen

First Post
Brook looks at Lucan as he moves out.

He positions himself near the front of the main group, but in a position he can quickly move to aid any of his companions.

Remove ads