Against the Giants: Steading of the Hill Giant Chief

drothgery

First Post
OOC: And Gwenn was so subtle in getting everyone to agree to it, too :)

Seriously, someone has to play the rear guard. And it makes the most sense for it to be Brook. Miranda is a wizard and squishy. Deacon has a poor perception skill. And Gwenn gets mechanical advantages out the wazoo for going first, so she needs to be in the front.

Scotley

Hero
OOC: I'm good with the order as posted by Inspiratorium but if [MENTION=42839]Phaezen[/MENTION] truly wants Brook at the front Wik can use his bow from the rear to good effect.

tiornys

Explorer
Marching order decided, the party sets out. You make good time through the lightly forested hills, with the scouts choosing paths that keep the party below ridgelines and obscured by trees. About a half hour into traveling, Aelar and Wik catch the sounds of heavy footfalls climbing a nearby ridge. A party of at least three giants and a number of smaller creatures is coming your way!

GM: Aelar and Wik have excellent cover from a small copse of pines, and are very unlikely to be seen. The rest of the party is crossing an exposed area between thickets. You have less than 20 seconds before the lead creatures will have sight-lines to the party. Shouts will undoubtedly be heard, but quiet speech might go unnoticed.

Walking Dad

First Post
Aelar of the Feywood

"Wik, cannot have the others stumble into those giants. One of us has to distract them and lead them away while the other warns our companions. Your bow has the longer reach, but I will leave the choice to you."
Aelar whispers.

[sblock=OOC]

How far are the others away?

[sblock=Character Sheet]
Aelar of the Feywood
Perception: 31 Insight: 27 Darkvision
AC 27 Fortitude 23 Reflex 27 Will 28
Initiative: +21
Hit Points: 92 / 92 Bloodied: 46
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +2 vs effects with the charm, illusion, or sleep keyword.
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.0
Healing Surge: 23 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will Powers: Fire Hawk, Magic Stone
Encounter Powers: Thorn Spray, Wind Wall, Charm Beast, Redfang Prophecy, Camouflage Cloak, Feywild Sojourn, Studded Leather
Daily Powers: Summon Natural Ally 3/3, Seed of Healing, Tightened Control

Condition:
[/sblock][/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
"Let me try something he whispers to Aelar." Wyk whirls and fires an arrow into the ground just in front of the second group. It stands quivering just inches from their feet. When he gets their attention he motions them to cover.

He nocks another arrow and stays hidden as best he can.

tiornys

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]

How far are the others away?

[/sblock]

GM: Per the earlier discussion, about 100 feet.

If the main group acts on Wik's gestures, I'll need a group stealth from them, with +2 from Wik's "assist". Do you want to make your own rolls on group checks, or should I take care of it?

drothgery

First Post
Gwenn Arellic, human rogue(thief) 12

"Trouble." Gwenn says in a harsh whisper, then tries to lead the others into cover, spotting a rather good place to hide.
OOC: stealth check includes +2 for camoflaged clothing and +2 from Wik

Inspiratorium

First Post
Deacon looks up with a start as the arrow strikes the ground. He'd used that signal before. The soldier follows Gwenn as silently as he can, drawing his weapon when he reaches cover to be ready for a fight. "See what we're up against?" he whispers.
OOC: Stealth check assumes that Deacon's armor is polymorhped, including Wik's +2

pathfinderq1

First Post
Without a word, Miranda followed Gwenn and Deacon back towards cover. She shifted her staff into her left hand, and drew a wand with her right.

OOC: Stealth 1d20+12= 22; roll Roll Lookup ; this doesn't include Wik's +2, making final roll a 24. Will draw Master's Wand of Magic Missile, shift staff to off hand

Remove ads