Against the Giants: Steading of the Hill Giant Chief

Phaezen

First Post
Brook shift into cover with the rest keeping an eye out for whatever has spooked the scouts. He unslings his halbard from his back, keeping the blade low to try and prevent it from catching any light.

tiornys

Explorer
With quick and decisive action, the group is able to conceal themselves before the giant patrol comes into view. Three bugbears with spears lead the scouting party, ambling along and making some pretense at scanning the area. Behind them, three hill giants with massive clubs lumber along, snarling at the group of bugbears with them to stay alert. Five more spear wielders and five bugbears with bows keep up a steady stream of complaints about boring patrols, too early in the morning, not enough raiding lately, and why are they out here anyway, the area is pacified. Trailing the main party, a stooped hill giant lugs a bulging bag. None of the creatures notice you or the arrow off to the side of their path.

GM: You can allow the patrol to pass by, or launch an attack. If you choose to fight, you'll have a surprise round.

Phaezen

First Post
Brook feels the fury emanating from his blade as the giants approach although he is never sure if it is the blade or his own hatred of the barbaric giants that he is feeling.

He suppresses the feeling with the discipline gained from his upbringing and looks around at his companions asking with a thumb drawn across his throat whether they want to attack this group or not.

drothgery

First Post
OOC: How close will they come to the main group at their closest?

"I think that if we can't take four hill giants who seem to be unexceptional and eight bugbears, we might as well go home." Gwenn said.

Inspiratorium

First Post
"Let's not let them know we're here yet, though. If we reveal ourselves now, we run the risk of one of them escaping," Deacon whispers in response. The soldier stays crouched behind the bushes, his lips pressed into a thin line, but his tone calm and professional. Deacon prepares himself in case they are seen, his eyes constantly shifting, keeping a mental note of each of the enemies.

OOC: Minor Action: Activate Defender Aura.

Out of character, I don't have any problem with launching an ambush. But we will have to mop up all of them, unless we run the risk of being discovered early.

Scotley

Hero
Wik leans close to Aelar's ear whispers softly. "We have surprise, it is pretty big group, but I am keen to try them since we have the drop on them."

If there is even a hint that they have been spotted, Wik will fire at the centermost of the Giants.

OOC: I vote for ambush.

Inspiratorium

First Post
OOC: Looks like we're doing an ambush, unless somebody has an objection. Will we be able to use a few preparatory minor actions while we wait for the Giants to come into range, like setting a hunter's quarry, entering a stance, etc? If so, will activating Deacon's armor require another stealth check?

Walking Dad

First Post
Aelar of the Feywood

"I agree, but I have to get closer if I want to be of any help. My spells don't reach as far as your bow."
Aelar whispers.

[sblock=OOC]

I'm alright with attacking. Will have to take a move action in the surprise round to get in spell range.

[sblock=Character Sheet]
Aelar of the Feywood
Perception: 31 Insight: 27 Darkvision
AC 27 Fortitude 23 Reflex 27 Will 28
Initiative: +21
Hit Points: 92 / 92 Bloodied: 46
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +2 vs effects with the charm, illusion, or sleep keyword.
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.0
Healing Surge: 23 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will Powers: Fire Hawk, Magic Stone
Encounter Powers: Thorn Spray, Wind Wall, Charm Beast, Redfang Prophecy, Camouflage Cloak, Feywild Sojourn, Studded Leather
Daily Powers: Summon Natural Ally 3/3, Seed of Healing, Tightened Control

Condition:
[/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads