• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Against the Storm, ReRecruited Thread

DM_Matt

First Post
Thanee said:
OOC: Could you answer that, please? She will do that as soon as possible after he left.

Danilo is able to tell you quite a bit. He seems to be being teleported in short distances, apparently the maximum range of their ability. One of them seems to have some sort of remote viewing ability that extends about the same distance, and they all have a telepathic link of some sort, so they can use him for targeting. Each jump is about a quarter mile. They eventaully wind up in what seems to have been a library of a temple of Shar, but the place has been trashed. There is broken furnature, blood, and burn marks everywhere. The vampires seem very surprised by this fact.

DM_Matt

First Post
Thanee said:
...or desperate, Rahja adds with a smirk.

Rahja nods, while turning visible.

OOC: Is that in Waterdeep or Skullport?

Once everything is said and the loot is taken care of (they didn't object, so Rahja takes everything of value the Talosans left), Rahja turns to Ines and casts some more spells... See Invisibility and Invisibility on the halfling, Invisibility and Polymorph on herself.

Before changing, Rahja says to Ines: Get on then and hold on tight, we are going fast. I want to leave this godforsaken place now... Turning to the two wizards: Good bye! See you tonight. Then she drops down on her hands and grows in size, her hair growing pale and large wings sprouting from her back, while she transforms into a Pegasus.

As soon as Ines jumps on her back, Rahja will move away from the building, taking off after a couple hundred feet, and then flies to Waterdeep full speed...

When Rahja goes to take the Talosans belongings, Irusyl scolds her "Nice try. Our kills, our booty."

The wizards wave goodbye, torch the Excelsior Trading Company building with a pair of fire spells, get on thir horses, and leave.

That Inn is in Waterdeep. They acceded to Rahja's demands.

Mithreander

Explorer
Ines, smiles at the stash of goods on the women, but only notes them. She's been gettin gin enough trouble without a bit of larceny, and these two SEEM that they may be allies, so best not to rock the boat.

Seeing the pegassis in front of her, she crawls out from under the wagon and quickly climbs onto the pegassis, trying to maintain a form of cover or concealment from the creature's wings and hides herself as best she can. If she sees that one or both of the wemon are watching her, she'll wave with a smirk on her face and hold on as she is carried away.

Thanee

First Post
OOC: Thanks for the Danilo post, that nicely clears some stuff up finally. :)

DM_Matt said:
When Rahja goes to take the Talosans belongings, Irusyl scolds her "Nice try. Our kills, our booty."

Rahja shrugs. Hmm? Well I asked if you want that stuff before. If you don't answer, I assume a no, of course. Rahja rolls her eyes and moves away from the Talosans then, she would only take the stuff if they had no interest, as she said to them before.

OOC: Edit - Begone!

Rahja then transforms, picks up Ines and heads towards Waterdeep!

Last edited:

DM_Matt

First Post
Thanee said:
OOC: Thanks for the Danilo post, that nicely clears some stuff up finally. :)

Rahja shrugs. Hmm? Well I asked if you want that stuff before. If you don't answer, I assume a no, of course. Rahja rolls her eyes and moves away from the Talosans then, she would only take the stuff if they had no interest, as she said to them before.

By the way, the prisoners are inside some temple dedicated to Shar a few miles from here currently. Might be interesting for you to know...

Rahja then transforms, picks up Ines and heads towards Waterdeep!

(I got a bit ahead of myself timewise, describing what Rahja sees over time, not imediately. The temple is pretty far away, but at a quarter mile per round, they are going at about 150mph, and it takes them over two hours to get to their destination.

Mithreander

Explorer
Ines holds on tightly as the pegusis speeds it's way towards their destination, holding tightly to it's mane. She truly hopes that she is not hurting her new friend with her handfull of hair, but has no choice in the matter. "A saddle next time would be nice... or something that I did not have to hold on to or die. Yes, that would be nice." she whispers to herself as she feels her stomach tumble from one of the roll, forgetting in her fear that the message spell is still on.

Thanee

First Post
OOC: I was basically waiting for you to say, that we arrive (or not ;)). So are the 10 minutes of flying enough to reach Waterdeep? I guess so then...

After changing back, somewhere near the Temple of Sune in Waterdeep, Rahja turns visible. Ahh... finally... I must say, I was a bit worried down there, with those vampires on our tracks and no way to lose them... vampires? Did they really say vampires? I hope they don't turn the poor souls into their likeness! Too bad, there seems to be nothing to stop them and they didn't seem very interested in helping them either or they really didn't have the means...

So, Ines, what are you up to now? I'll get into the temple and make a report, which is overdue already. You can come with me, if you like and have nothing better to do. Say, can you find out what the powers of a magical item are? I never figured out how this is done, but I found a couple down there and I would share some for your help, if you like. I probably don't need much of that stuff anyways, but it could be nice money at least! Hey, some compensation for the past day... Rahja smirks.

OOC: Matt, would be nice, if you actually listed once what Rahja aquired. So far I only know Danilo's stuff (the 4 items she took from him), but what actually was in the treasury then? :)

Rahja will then enter the temple and head to the matron, filling her in with what Melchior didn't know (including the names of the two wizards and the upcoming meeting with them). She'll also go to her room and get the document that Danilo said was hidden there and get her remaining stuff (which she had left in the temple). Unless anything requires her attention, she'll then rest for the next 8 hours to refresh her mind and regain her spells. Since she doesn't need much sleep, she'll spend most of the time bathing, grooming or chatting.

Periodically, Rahja checks on Danilo, to keep herself updated to the situation.

Last edited:

Remove ads