• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Against the Storm, ReRecruited Thread

Thanee

First Post
Thanee said:
OOC: Matt, would be nice, if you actually listed once what Rahja aquired. So far I only know Danilo's stuff (the 4 items she took from him), but what actually was in the treasury then? :)

OOC: How about you answer that part at least, while we are waiting for Mith's reply? ;)

Mithreander

Explorer
Ines looks around in sort of confused state. [colror=light blue]"Identify items? Well now, that would be a feat! No, not really. I ussually make my own so have no need to identify others."[/color] Ines is trully distracted, still untrusting of everyone.

Not feeling the desire to be alone (she had already seen what that would acomplish, she nods to the invitatrion to stay with this very capable woman. [color=light blue]"Thanks."[/color] the normally silent woman says, instinctively edging towards the shadows.

Thanee

First Post
No problem, I'll find someone else... now let's rest a bit, I guess you are as tired as I am. Will you attend the meeting with those two women we met down there, too? I'm actually curious why they want to talk about that incident. I assume, they need information, which we hopefully can provide, what do you think about that?

The identification is something Rahja will do as well before getting to the meeting then. She should know some trustworthy wizard in Waterdeep (maybe even from the temple), whom she can give the items for the identification. She'll, of course, pay for the service.

DM_Matt

First Post
For 200gp, Rahja's friend identifies a ring of feather fall, a ring of protection +1, a cloak of elvenkind, a wand of cure light wounds, and a wand of magic missile (L5), along with a potion of bulls strength, a potion of enlarge, and two potions of invisibility.

So to the inn then?

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
OOC: You probably forgot about those... Rahja got a mithral shirt, a rapier, a pair of gloves and a ring from Danilo as well! ;)

If there was enough money found, Rahja will use that to pay for the identification process (which was frankly a bit cheap, Identify has changed a bit in 3.5 (unless he was using Analyze Dweomer...)!).

During her rest, is there anything new happening around Danilo (she still checks periodically)?

Afterwards, when the time is due, she'll head to the inn, asking Ines to come along with her, if she likes.

Last edited:

Mithreander

Explorer
Ines nods. [color=light blue]"I really have nothing better to do, and to be honest, I've not faired well on my own, so for the moment, concider me your shadow."[/color]

DM_Matt

First Post
Thanee said:
OOC: You probably forgot about those... Rahja got a mithral shirt, a rapier, a pair of gloves and a ring from Danilo as well! ;)

If there was enough money found, Rahja will use that to pay for the identification process (which was frankly a bit cheap, Identify has changed a bit in 3.5 (unless he was using Analyze Dweomer...)!).

During her rest, is there anything new happening around Danilo (she still checks periodically)?

Afterwards, when the time is due, she'll head to the inn, asking Ines to come along with her, if she likes.

Oh, right, you've got a really nice haul from that guy...although it comes with a former owner thats going to be pretty pissed when someone dispells the domination.

The mitheril shirt is +2, the Rapier is +2 wounding, the gloves Dex +4, and the Ring is Protection +1

Speaking of dispelling, while Danilo is still at that ravaged temple/base, after repeated attempts, the vampires break the spells that Rahja has on Danilo.

When you arrive at the rather upscale inn and do things as instructed, you are led into a richly-appointed back room, where Irusyl and Wethrin are sitting on counches sipping wine. There are a few other counches arranges around a large coffee-table-like thing, on which fine wine and cheeses are arrayed.

Irusyl greets you both "Welcome. Sit down, help yourself. We're dying to know what happened down there..."

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
DM_Matt said:
Oh, right, you've got a really nice haul from that guy...although it comes with a former owner thats going to be pretty pissed when someone dispells the domination.

OOC: Hey, he started it! :D

Irusyl greets you both "Welcome. Sit down, help yourself. We're dying to know what happened down there..."

Well, not much, really... I don't know how she got there, but I was being lured into a trap by a few guys from Longsaddle and beaten unconscious. I awoke in a prison cell, with Danilo, one of the beforementioned guys, standing outside, boasting about how he managed all that. Well, after I stole his mind, he stopped. Rahja smirks and continues. He told me, that the prisoners were meant to be exchanged to those Talosans for some weapon, altho I somehow believe now, that this was all a setup by these vampire-things, who wanted them. I can't think of any other reason, why they were so ferociously after the prisoners. They probably had something in mind for those Talosans as well, since they were definitely waiting for their arrival. Anyways, I checked the area and then tried to get free via short-ranged dimensional travel, which was basically successful, but these vampire-things were able to follow us somehow. I have found out a bit more meanwhile, for example, where they were heading to, I guess you'd like to know that? But, before I continue... may I ask, what - if anything - you plan to do about those prisoners they took with them? And... if the question is allowed... Why are you interested in all this, anyways?

Remove ads