• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Against the Storm, ReRecruited Thread

DM_Matt

First Post
Irusyl answers "Interesting story there. Let me guess, Danilo and his pals got you to a party of some sort and got you to drink with them? Drugged you perhaps? That is how he generally operates...sick bastard.

Oh, and I believe, however, that you are wrong on one account: the vampires were working WITH Danilo and his crew, rather than planning to ambush them.

UNless the prisoners had value in themselves, they are already eithe rturned or eaten. Fro mwhat it sounds like, they were to be traded to the Talonsans, and, the deal having fallen through, there was no reason for the vampires not to indulge themselves.

As far as why I care...well, you see, I am a toubleshooter -- a dealer in peope, problems, and information. We had been hired by certain entities to stop tthe trade, and we did so. But there are many others in my employ, and I have recently recieved a report about a criminal organization experiementing with creating new breeds of vampires, as well as tenuous connections between that organization and Danilo's mother. These agents are presently on another more urgent mission, but soon they will get start investigating this manner quite closely."

Thanee

First Post
Then it's too late for them...

Rahja pauses for a moment in silence then continues.

Yes, they are working together, altho I'm not sure who's the boss there... Danilo's mother you say? Might be her then... The vampires definitely have their own mind, tho, they were acting in a very independant way, not like some creature commanded to do something. With the setup I mentioned, I was more speaking of the deal with those Talosans.

Hmm... Do you happen to know about a temple dedicated to Shar, which was ransacked? I can tell you roughly where it is. The vampires were heading there after they fled from you. Unfortunately they have broken my control over Danilo there; took them a few tries, however, their dispels seem not very strong. I guess Danilo will be a bit upset now...

Anyways, I can also tell you a bit more about these vampires, what they are capable of... This is what you're after, right? The information... I believe you, that you work against them, and since they have to be stopped, I'll tell you what I know.

When I got hit by them, still in human disguise, their punches were so strong, that I was stunned for a moment, enough for them to overpower me. When I transported the prisoners out, I noticed, that they have a similar ability, they can also move from one place to another in an eyeblink, much faster than I can with my spells, they appeared and assaulted me right away, looks like they don't suffer from the disorientation, which is common for such dimensional travel; roughly a quarter mile distance seems to be what they can do at most and they can drag victims with them! One of them has very powerful divination abilities, he was able to see the surrounding of the house, and he was able to communicate this telepathically to the others, this way, they could follow us.

DM_Matt

First Post
"This is quite disturbing. That temple was ransacked by adventurers in my employ. That is where they found out about the criminal organization seeking to create new breeds of vampire.

Now, before we go on, lets talk a little politics. Whats your take on the battle between Storm anfd the free cities of the North, particularly regarding the LUskanites and other humans who collaborate with him?"

Thanee

First Post
Politics, hmm? Well, I havn't been involved much in this conflict yet, but as a follower of Sune, the side I'd end up on, seems pretty clear...

DM_Matt

First Post
Thanee said:
Politics, hmm? Well, I havn't been involved much in this conflict yet, but as a follower of Sune, the side I'd end up on, seems pretty clear...

Hatred of the degenerate species that make up the bulk of Storm's armies is of course expected. But what of the humans who surrendered and collaborated rather than fighting, and saving themseves and their families thereby?

Mithreander

Explorer
Ines shakes her head. "In all conflicts, there are those that get hurt for their meer presence. They knew the risk when they agreed to fight for the enemy in order to save themselves. It's to bad that they had no choice, but that's the nature of war."

She takes a deep breath, still hidden in the shadows, though now that they all know where she is, she is appearant. "The true justice would be to stike the head and replace it so you do not have to kill the body, but that is as uncommon in real life as it is in war." She's not sure if her analogy was a good one, but she knew the truth of it. This persons question was truly iralevant, and as soon as they passed it and moved to more important matters: such as what HIS goals for them were, the quicker they could get out of there.

Thanee

First Post
Not hatred, maybe disgust, but not hatred. Evil has many faces and I am well aware, that the people of my race follow this path as much as any other. It's not the path I follow, however, and if necessary I'll act against those that do. If someone surrenders to or collaborates with the evildoers only to protect his family, then he'll need our help, since he is not strong enough himself to fight against them.

Last edited:

DM_Matt

First Post
Thanee said:
Not hatred, maybe disgust, but not hatred. Evil has many faces and I am well aware, that the people of my race follow this path as much as any other. It's not the path I follow, however, and if necessary I'll act against those that do. If someone surrenders to or collaborates with the evildoers only to protect his family, then he'll need our help, since he is not strong enough himself to fight against them.

Irusyl notes Ines' answer, but turns to Rahja to question her further... "Help? I see...well...Surely you merely mean that if possible, you could drive away their masters, but if that is not feasible, then what?"

Thanee

First Post
What's impossible, cannot be done. If you want to know, whether I would kill someone who is innocent in my eyes, then the answer is no! However, you seem to have a very specific scenario in mind, why don't you elaborate further?

Last edited:

DM_Matt

First Post
Thanee said:
What's impossible, cannot be done. If you want to know, whether I would kill someone who is innocent in my eyes, then the answer is no! However, you seem to have a very specific scenario in mind, why don't you elaborate further?

Irusyl turns to Wethrin: "What is your judgement?"
Wethrin: "She a bit more compassionate than most of our associates...but I'd bet that she'd make the right tough decisions when she must."

Irusyl: "I concur. Well, Rahja, Ines. If you seek veangence upon those vampires and Danilo's gang, you may join up with our other associates. Danilo and the Vampires went to Luskan. Currently, I have a team in the area seeking to destroy the Temples of Gond and Umberlee and the new fleet of ships that they are developing for Storm's navy. If they are not stopped, Storm might become a powerful force at sea, finally breaking the stranglehold of the elves and their allies. After that misison is complete, they will seek out Danilo and those vampires, as they have already come up on much information regaring them. Danilo and the Vampires, byy the way, seem to be working with Storm as well, but I am unsure as of yet to what ends."

Remove ads