• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Age of Worms: Act I - The Whispering Cairn

Verbatim

Explorer
Orin and Damien:[sblock]
unleashed said:
“Well I shall have to convince them otherwise then!” Orin replies irritated that his blood oath will not be accepted by all, “Nogweir...was he mentor to Venelle or was there some other relationship between them?”

"Nogweir is the leader of the Bronzewood Lodge and has been its guardian since before I took my Oath. However while his faith is strong, not even that can keep him among us forever. It will be a sad day when he passes, may the Earth welcome him with open arms, as it is his will which keeps some of the more aggressive followers from taking a more direct hand against the city-walkers. It will be those who see you both as tresspassers, even with you taking the Oath Orin. They will cite the times others have made the Oath and broken it after our aide was given, but if you keep the peace, then they are bound by the Old Ways to do no harm to you while you are among us."[/sblock]

hippocrachus

First Post
Chryse recognizes the humor in telling Shadow to be safe from the shadows.
What is a Shadow but the silhouette of Light? the cleric thinks to himself, defending his companion.
He bids farewell to the nice nurse, and is made aware of his own ramshackle appearance when the guard asks about a bath.
"If it isn't too much trouble, could I also ask for a change of robes?" Chryse says, looking down at his torn and bloody garb.

Last edited:

unleashed

First Post
Orin Heartwood, Male Half-Elf Ranger

Damien & Verbatim
[SBLOCK]“I see, well I will be happy to tell my tale and what I know of Venelle to Nogweir then. Hopefully I can learn more at his feet about what it means to follow the Old Ways. To learn from one so venerable and steeped in the lore of the Bronzewood Lodge would be an honour indeed. As for the doubters, I suppose only time and my actions will prove my oath to be true in their eyes.”[/SBLOCK]

Verbatim

Explorer
Chryse and Shadow:[sblock]Nodding his head, the guard answers quickly.

"I am sure we can find you something sir, even if it just breeches and shirt like your friend is wearing."[/sblock]

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Shadow - Roge 1

"As it has been several months since my last bath and what with the way things have gone lately I would enjoy a bath. By chance could you provide company with said bath?"

hippocrachus

First Post
Chryse looks at Shadow with a touch of shock.
Did he just ask this guard to join him in the bath? We're in a garrison full of men for the sake of Apollo!
"He kids," he says to the guard, trying to play it off as a joke. "Anything you could provide us with would be much appreciated, of course."

Verbatim

Explorer
Shadow and Chryse:[sblock]The guard's face broke out into a smile as the prophet of Apollo tried to smooth the misunderstanding over.

"No need to apologize sir, I have been a soldier long enough to know when a man seeks out company in jest. I will have the water and clothes brought to your rooms soon."[/sblock]

Verbatim

Explorer
Orin and Damien:[sblock]Katrina nodded, but said nothing as she guided you both towards a series of simple hunting lodges with a view overlooking the waters of Diamond Lake, and both of you realize that the normally brownish haze that you have grown used to is absent from the water close to the Lodge.[/sblock]

unleashed

First Post
Orin Heartwood, Male Half-Elf Ranger

Damien & Verbatim
[SBLOCK]Taking a big deep breath and smelling the clean air Orin remarks, “Ah, it’s nice to be out of the haze that surrounds Diamond Lake...Venelle and I do manage to get out now and then, but it’s never long enough for my liking.”[/SBLOCK]

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Shadow - Roge 1

Verbatim said:
Shadow and Chryse:[sblock]The guard's face broke out into a smile as the prophet of Apollo tried to smooth the misunderstanding over.

"No need to apologize sir, I have been a soldier long enough to know when a man seeks out company in jest. I will have the water and clothes brought to your rooms soon."[/sblock]

With a sigh and a glare at Chryse, "I was not referring to this guard joining me you fool, I was referring to te possibility of a wench joining me in said bath." At this point Shadow turns and walks into the room mumbling something under his breath.

Remove ads