• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

age of your character???

Kal Vito

First Post
im just about to start a new character in another campaign

im going to be a human cleric and around 43 years old which puts me in the middle age catagory

what the age of your characters????

Romotre

First Post
I usually play the extremes, an young adult character or a very old character. Yes I min/max my age but that's it. Haha. No really.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Narya, formerly Írost, son of Natar, elf - 112 years
Ethel, Judicator of Cuthbert, human - 23 years
Konus of the Stoneguard clan, dwarf - 114 years
Kytess, human - 17 years

Gossamerblade

First Post
All of my characters (and most of the other characters I know) tend to be late teens-early twenties, even higher level ones. I would guess that most players feel that in a fantasy setting, characters grow up fast and die young. The gods know mine have died young a few times.
I can see having a character start out older in a class that doesn't depend on physical attributes, but you still need that dex bonus to AC! (Okay, I'm just assuming here, but it seems like a middle-aged cleric is just not going to have his highest stat score in dex.)

AmerginLiath

Adventurer
Amergin Liath (druid) -- I started him off at 48 (10th level). He's basically been retired now for thirty-five years, currently age 83 (18th level).

Taliesin Steelheart (monk) -- Started at 1st level at age 21. He died holding off a dragon long enough for his beleaguered party to escape at 26 (13th level).

BadMojo

First Post
My current character is 21 years old, and most of my characters also tend to be in their late teens/early twenties.

Just by the nature of D&D, starting characters will tend to be younger. Unlike a game like Call of Cthulhu, D&D characters start out "green". They aren't experienced and they aren't generally skilled, not even in a niche sort of way. It's quite likely to start out with a Call of Cthulhu Investigator who is a 45 year old college professor. This isn't a bad thing, but D&D is a game that promotes the growth from bumbling neophyte to epic hero.

Remove ads