• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Agents of D.E.L.V.E.

Diirk

First Post
Uncoiling his chain, Kazath takes a couple of steps forward and lashes out with it, taking advantage of the extra reach his weapon offers. Cursing as the chain whizzes past the head of one of his foe, he flicks it back in preparation for another strike.

((OOC: 3+8 = 11 hits AC 11. I'm guessing thats not going to be enough ;) On the unlikely offchance it was, I rolled 3+3+4 = 10 for damage.))

Blue_Kryptonite

First Post
Adamsk charges forward, his sword cutting true. The abomination topples forward, but latches on! Its lurch, however, knocks him back enough to avoid the assault of another. ((5 HP damage))

Kazath swings wide, but forces two of them to step back, momentarily breaking off their attack.

Kazadi fires, placing his arrows squarely into his target. It seems inconvenienced, its step slowing significantly in confusion.

Pik-ik-cha slices, two of his blows striking true and causing serious damage to his foe.

Erran finds that his blows are equally valid on the dead as the living while his opponent struggles to keep its balance.

Then, as one, they begin to move back to the area where Erran earlier pointed.

((Same initiative order through the combat, formula as above.))

Diirk

First Post
Grunting, Kazath whisks the chain back and flicks it around in a wide circle, striking at the creature in front of him. He then takes a 5 foot step backwards, goading the creature into a careless attack that amy give him further opportunity to strike it.

((OOC 15+8 = hits AC 23. 2+3+4 = 9 damage))

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*With a soft chitter, Pik-ik-cha pursues his prey, his claws slicing downward, attempting to render the creature into chunks of meat.*

((OOC - Hit AC 22, 7, 20, 9, 21, for 4, 5, 5, 4, and 7 points of damage respectively.))

Last edited:

Blue_Kryptonite

First Post
((After some consideration, I've decided to allow a Called Shot-oid-ish-esqe mechanic to function as follows. Note that this Feat includes the "normal" rule below.

Improved Called Shot [General]

Prerequisite

Dex 13, Precise Shot

Benefit

You may make a Called Shot as a Standard Action, without movement penalties.

Normal

On your action, before making attack rolls for a round, you may choose to subtract a number from all ranged attack rolls and add the same number to all ranged damage rolls. This number may not exceed your base attack bonus. The penalty on attacks and bonus on damage apply until your next turn. Using Called Shot is a Full Round Action. If you move while making a Called Shot, including applying Dexterity Bonus to defense, all shots that round are spoiled unless a succesful Concentration skill check is made.

Special

A fighter may select Improved Called Shot as one of his fighter bonus feats.))

Last edited:

Candide

First Post
Adamesk will swing his sword at the abomination again. Loud frustrated grunts come from Adamesk whilest engaged in battle with the leech-like undead

((Atk=22, damage=9(max damage)))

Kazadi shifts his footing slightly, never removing his eye from the sight of his bow. He lines up with the retreating(?) creatures, and looses another pair of lightning fast arrows, bowstring singing in the growing gloom of the gloaming glade.

((Second verse same as the first, Rapid Shot, -2 on both rolls, +9 attack, +1 arrows, rolled 12 and 18. Total: 20 and 21. Damage: 5+1 and 4+1. Total Damage:11.))

Last edited:

Azaar

Explorer
Erran's frown creases a little more on his face as the leech-zombies begin to retreat... even more so when he sees where they're headed. "Uh, guys," he calls out, even as he steps forward again to try and tag his opponent with a couple more blows to try and take it down before it can get away, "remember those bubbles? They're heading straight for them..." o O (I've got a bad feeling about this...)

(( Same as before, flurry of blows. First roll: 3 (hits AC 7, likely a miss unless I'm lucky, but I'll roll damage just in case). Second roll: 20 (hits AC 24, critical threat): confirm critical roll -- 17 (hits AC 21). First hit damage (if any, which I doubt) -- 6; second hit damage -- 10 (rolled 5, doubled for critical hit).))

Blue_Kryptonite

First Post
Adamsk cuts savagely into his opponent, slicing it cleanly in twain.

Two of the monsters close on Kazath, one being taken down by his blows. The other lands a solid bite. ((6 HP damage))

Kazadi fires off two more arrows, removing another of the threats.

Pik-ik-cha indeed reduces his opponent to ichor-spewing pieces which splash into the water in all directions.

Erran also fells one, systematically pulping it to a beaten mash.

The final finishes its retreat taking a swipe at Erran as it halts suddenly, but to no avail.

From beneath the swamp, the bubbles become a roil. A slimy, gelatinous mass of viscosity rises at least ten feet into the air. It is dripping in small, black writing, wormlike leeches that drop into the swamp water. It looms menacingly, an amorphous living wave ready to crash on all of you.

delve_monster_02.gif

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads