• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Agents of D.E.L.V.E.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Retreat!" Pik-ik-cha calls, knowing that is the only logical course. To let the thing touch a person's body could have unknown and dangerous consequences. Best to see what it did before engaging it.

Azaar

Explorer
Erran, still standing where he was after agilely dodging the blow from the other leech-zombie during it's retreat, begins backing off. "You know, next time I get a bad feeling about things, I'm just going to back away before it goes to the Abyss in a handbasket." He shakes his head as he pulls out his light crossbow and makes ready to fire if necessary. "And this, folks, is why sometimes I wish I'd stuck with psionics a little longer than I did."

(( Backing off as quickly as I can, readying my light crossbow just in case ))

"Agreed!" He takes a few steps forward, still off to the side of the party, keeping his line of fire clear. He lowers his bow, and from his belt pouch removes a globular falsk full of a reddish, viscous fluid. "Fall back and regroup!" He raises the flask to shoulder level, getting ready to launch it at the mass.

((5-foot step, Readying action: Throw Alchemist's Fire at next aggressive movement by the... slug wave, I guess.))

Diirk

First Post
Kazath wraps his chain up again, as he ponders the new threat. "Well... never found a problem yet I can't solve with a nice bit of flame," he shrugs. With that, he casts a Produce Flame spell and cocks his hand back, ready to throw balls of fire from his now burning hand.

Blue_Kryptonite

First Post
The remaining Leech Zombie takes a swipe at Erran as he moves to crossbow range, but is already too late. It hovers near the abomination.

The foul mass of putrescence hovers for a moment, its amorphous movement slowed. ((Spot check that beats a 10 reveals:))

The Small black flecks and wormlike normal leeches in the water flow toward it, being absorbed into its mass.

Adamesk and Kazath:
You feel a strong emotional pull, an urge to join the mass.
Roll Spot to beat DC 15
to notice the leech-man wound throbbing in pulse with the feeling.
Roll FORT vs. DC 18. Add in any reasonable bonuses relevant to the spoiler above. If you fail,
You will be compelled to advance towards the mass.

((Whichever of them (or both) succeed in the save may join the rest in a free action acting as the thing prepares its next move.))

Candide

First Post
((got a total of a 9 on that spot check, and a big 17 on the save))

Adamesk will walk toward the greenish putrid mass of ickyness.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Pik-ik-cha looks at the creature with his eyes glittering dryly, like stones catching the last rays of the dying sun. Silently it draws out its bow and fires an arrow at the thing.*

OOC - A 14 on Spot. Hit a 16 with the bow, for 11 points of damage.

Last edited:

Remove ads