Agents of Shield: Odd vibe from series

Well, the Gravitonium experiment was run by the guy who becomes Graviton (we'll see if that still happens) and the weather experiment kid is Blizzard from Iron Man comics. Loreli was from Simonson's run on Thir. Plus Garret, Hand, and Sitwell are all established Marvel characters.
So not just Deathlok.
The comment that I replied to was about centipede and the clairvoyant, not the series as a whole.

Nellisir

Hero
Finally saw Captain America 2 (which was great) and got caught up in the series. Gotta say, I'm really liking the recent episodes. :)

Agent Trip is cool too. There's definitely something up with him, between the "knows everything" aspect and the references to being a "Legacy".

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Agent Trip is cool too. There's definitely something up with him, between the "knows everything" aspect and the references to being a "Legacy".

Well, we got that last night:
he's the grandson of a member of the Howling Commandos, Steve's special unit during the war in the cine-verse. If they follow the comics, he'd be the grandson of Gabriel Jones, the only black member of the Commandos.

OK, that was a good episode. We have, I think, our first identifiably-Marvel superpower: a Darkforce manipulator.

Nellisir

Hero
Well, we got that last night:
he's the grandson of a member of the Howling Commandos, Steve's special unit during the war in the cine-verse. If they follow the comics, he'd be the grandson of Gabriel Jones, the only black member of the Commandos.

That's what I was referring to, but I think it goes beyond that. The phrasing was really weird; I can't find a direct quote, but I remember it as being "you are a legacy", not "you have a legacy" or something like that. In a different context, I'd think of someone being referred to like that as being a "legacy" student at a school, someone who was admitted because their father and grandfather were students.

This is speculation, not strictly a spoiler for the show, but I'll put it under spoilers anyways:
the first thing I thought of when that came out was Isaiah Bradley, the "Black Captain America", and his grandson Elijah Bradley. It makes sense to me that the US would keep trying to redevelop the Super Soldier Serum, and why not on a Howling Commando? Or maybe it's a result of the Commando's being captured by Hydra during the war - if the Winter Soldier got treated and could survive that fall, why not other Commandos? That makes a better backstory for Triathalon than some mysterious fragment.

Mloren

Villager
I do think it's strange that they haven't really had a central long running plot, I mean there's the general Centipede/Clairvoyant thing but it's not really detailed or engaging.

Remove ads