• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

AGoT - House Steadfast

lissilambe

First Post
Personally, I lean towards the Noble House style game, maybe starting off somewhere to the south, which isn't as focused on in the novels, the Stormlands or the Reach. I tend towards sometime just before the start of the series, sort of out of the way of the main action, with a nice mix of military/political adventure. however, I'm open to what other suggestions are tossed out as well.

Take care
Don

Widowmaker

First Post
Well I see that are a variety of ideas. I suppose it would be easiest if I made some decisions. I will have to think about it a little.

What I can say is that I am not interested in pure political (A Game of Thrones) type of game.

I see you Enforcer. As I have said I will give the others first chance.

As a side note Starman has agreed to help me with some of this. So I will need to discuss options with him.

On a second side note. I am heading to Canada to have eye surgery. So if you do not hear from me in a few days please don't fret.

Widowmaker

First Post
So far we have two areas people have discussed.

Timeline
Just prior to Novels - 2 (lissilambe, Voidrazor)
Long Time Ago - 1 (Technomancer)

Type of Game
Noble House Game - 1 (lissilambe)
Band of Heroes - 1 (Technomancer)
Voidrazor - ??

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Cool. I've played in a WoT game, and didn't know anything about the world. My character was someone from a small redneck sort of town, completely unaware of the outside world. I'd probably do something similar with this. :)

Tonks

First Post
I know I am too late for anything other than an alternate, but I just finished book three and would love to try a game version in the setting.

With the state of the world at the end of book three, I think a group of misplaced people simply trying to survive might be pretty effective also. You have danger all around you and besides your steel you can't really trust anything to be what it seems. All in all, I would be interested in any time frame to see it run.

*pulls up alt chair to wait*

Widowmaker

First Post
Gotcha Tonks,

Okay I have talked to Starman.

I have decided to run a Noble House game.

There are five openings. First choice is to lissilambe, Waylander the Slayer, Technomancer, Voidrazor, and Azaar.

Alternates at present are Enforcer, Jdvn1, and Tonks.

lissilambe

First Post
Well, I'm definitely up for that. I like the Noble House, think it's the best of the choices for the AGoT game. As for when and where, I'm open to anything...I prefer more current day stuff, but I realize that going back in time opens up a lot of different possiblities. I tend toward minor houses, or inserting minor houses, but again, I'm pleased with anything.

Take care
Don

Remove ads