• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

AGoT - House Steadfast

Technomancer

First Post
Since we haven't started yet and there are plenty of alternates, I'm going to gracefully bow out of this one. Nothing against the game, I just think another pbp may be more than I can chew right now.

Lot

First Post
Please put me on the alt list. I know it's a longshot at this point, but I love the setting and the game.

Enforcer

Explorer
I think I'm 1st on the alt list, right? I'll be checking in as much as I can the next few days, but I'm on vacation, so it may not be 4-5 times a day.

I want to play an aspiring Water Dancer.

Widowmaker

First Post
I see you there Agamon.

Well the first thing I need to decide is the timeline. I am looking one that I would feel comfortable Gm'ing. Not that before the novels is a problem, but I like the ability of flexibility. Something I have to think about with the novels in mind.

Once that is done, then the House. An option I was thinking was if you the players wanted to create a new house within one of the greater houses? Otherwise I can pick one.

On Monday I will post the details. Sorry to keep dragging things out, but I didn't bring my book with me to Canada.

lissilambe

First Post
I want the GM to be as comfortable with the part of history that is chosen, so I'm fine with just about any period. As for a house, I like the idea of us players coming up with a minor house to insert, could be kind of fun. I look forward to Monday. :)

Take care
Don

Widowmaker

First Post
I know this is kind of hard for you guys but it may help everyone if there was discussion about what roles everyone wants to play. Nothing is off limits if you have an explanation.

ie. If someone wants to play the House heir fine.
If someone wants to play the House Lord fine.
If someone wants to play the House jester fine.

Just give me a little bit to work with.

I know Enforcer wanted to play an aspiring Water Dancer. Tell me how your character received his training or even background in the Water Dancing.

Another thing I was thinking is since there maybe some players wanting to play Nobles and such. ECL will be used.

At what level does everyone want to start?

Agamon

Adventurer
My opinion, (which may mean little, considering a lot of people need to drop out before I get in), is this:

Start at level 4-5 if the PCs are fairly novice, or 9-10 if they've been around a while. Just don't start at 1, or everybody will have to children. :)

Go for a game style other than Band of Heroes. BoH is often a better choice for tabletop games, but the other two styles flourish in this environment.

Were I to make a PC, it'd probably be a scout retainer for the house in a lower power game or the eldest son of the lord in a higher power game.

Enforcer

Explorer
I was thinking of playing the bastard son or brother of the house lord that we're all attached to. As a rebellious young pup, he ran off to Braavos and other exotic locales, and has now returned--older, somewhat wiser, and a deadly viper with his odd Braavosi blade. But has he really changed so much that he's completely devoted to his family or are the rumors of his gambling debts and carousing in the Free Cities not far behind his arrival?

Voidrazor

First Post
I'm interested in playing the house lord. If you're interested in character ideas to help build a framework for campaign ideas, how about something along these lines:

Our house was on the brink of becoming a greater house, and was securing its place by marrying one of the lord's son's to the daughter of an unaffiliated great house. But indstead of marriage an incident similar to the red wedding occurred and in one fell swoop most of our house was slaughtered. And whle my character was the designated heir, he was too young to assume control. Instead, in an unusual move, the house to which ours was pledged sent someone to 'help manage our affairs' until my character attained his majority. This stewart then went about trying to force our house into greater and greater dependence on our sworn great house. As my character's majority nears, he survives a poisoning attempt. In responce he sends men to stir up rumors of a company of brigands pillaging in the north. After the initial scouts sent to investigate fail to return, he prevails upon the steward to investigate it personally. With the steward temporarily gone, he takes his ancestral seat and must scramble for support before the house's 'benefactor' returns. The other PCs, having known my character as a child or otherwise having independence of spirit, probably don't treat him with the deference usually given to a house lord, but they may be the only ones he can trust.

As far as level goes, I generally find high a bit more interesting than low.

Last edited:

Remove ads