Ai and generating an outcome

If AI generators used public domain as training or had actual permissions would you be okay with it?

• Yes

Votes: 22 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Yes if they had actual consent

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Yes but only with public domain

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • AI anything should be banned and the technology outlawed.

Votes: 2 4.4%

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
I voted yes with the caveat that the art is good, not just vandalizing everywhere with mass of images like tagging.

Ryujin

Legend
Stick to public domain and compensate writers/artists for the use of their work, via contract, and I'm good with it. I think AI should have been limited to public domain for development, anyway, in order to avoid having to unwind the mess that greedy corporations have made of this.

Last edited:

TheRoguesCollection

third-party publisher
At the moment the most ethical image-generation AI I'm aware of that follows these restrictions fairly well is Adobe Firefly.
Arguably, depending on one's viewpoint, an open-source model could be considered more ethical than a closed-source corporation's model though.

Last edited:

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
Is the standard attained by WotC products 'good'?
Yes, though I haven't seen any AI art that approaches its quality, even WOTC says it's digital artists take hours to clean up AI art. It is even specified in their ads for artists that they run. I know other artists say the same. It is true, after looking at tens of thousands of pictures in the last few years, I can spot it usually by the lack of perspective, lines, palette, hands, etc. ad nauseam. Art still takes artists.

Yes, though I haven't seen any AI art that approaches its quality, even WOTC says it's digital artists take hours to clean up AI art. It is even specified in their ads for artists that they run. I know other artists say the same. It is true, after looking at tens of thousands of pictures in the last few years, I can spot it usually by the lack of perspective, lines, palette, hands, etc. ad nauseam. Art still takes artists.
from what the guy who made this has said he took hours to and a number of generations to get it to this point

screen_shot_2022-09-02_at_23648_pm.png

Remove ads