Ai and generating an outcome

If AI generators used public domain as training or had actual permissions would you be okay with it?

• Yes

Votes: 22 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Yes if they had actual consent

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Yes but only with public domain

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • AI anything should be banned and the technology outlawed.

Votes: 2 4.4%

It is not good.
heaven help those who enter if you ever judge digital art at a state fair

The maker inputted “at least 624” text prompts before Midjourney delivered the image he envisioned, These were used to adjust the scene, tone and focus of the image, including details about “how colors [should be] used” and what style and era of art the image should display. Then used Adobe Photoshop to “remove flaws and create new visual content” before feeding the image into another platform, Gigapixel AI, to increase its resolution and size,

Going to be quite a boring state fair, if the bar for entry is far above the 1st place winner.
So, i skipped over to the CO state fair page for 2023 and found this

During last year’s 150th Colorado State Fair, the Fine Arts competition went viral and sparked a global conversation on the role of artificial intelligence in the creation of digital art when Pueblo West’s Jason Allen won the first-place Blue Ribbon for his “Théâtre D’opéra Spatial” submitted in the “Digital Art/Digitally Manipulated Photography” category and the Emerging Artist Division. The judges stood by their decision, which split the art world in half, sparking ongoing conversation about the nature and humanity of art creation. This year, all art created using Generative AI software will be judged under the Digital Art category and the use of any AI software will need to be explicitly stated.

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
heaven help those who enter if you ever judge digital art at a state fair

The maker inputted “at least 624” text prompts before Midjourney delivered the image he envisioned, These were used to adjust the scene, tone and focus of the image, including details about “how colors [should be] used” and what style and era of art the image should display. Then used Adobe Photoshop to “remove flaws and create new visual content” before feeding the image into another platform, Gigapixel AI, to increase its resolution and size,
Ask me to pay $100 a month to buy art of course I am going to judge. How did I learn all this? Scrolling page after page of the same pic of a puppy in a flying saucer, I don't like that, it is waste of time. People need to stop doing those things.

TheRoguesCollection

third-party publisher
During last year’s 150th Colorado State Fair, the Fine Arts competition went viral and sparked a global conversation on the role of artificial intelligence in the creation of digital art when Pueblo West’s Jason Allen won the first-place Blue Ribbon for his “Théâtre D’opéra Spatial” submitted in the “Digital Art/Digitally Manipulated Photography” category and the Emerging Artist Division. The judges stood by their decision, which split the art world in half, sparking ongoing conversation about the nature and humanity of art creation. This year, all art created using Generative AI software will be judged under the Digital Art category and the use of any AI software will need to be explicitly stated.
A great ruling. In my opinion there is certainly a difference within the AI field between AI-Generated Images and actual AI-Art. That would be my definition of "good" in regards to AI.

AI-Generated Images, while some are useful in some ways (think like a generic game texture), would include essentially "low effort content". Essentially anything you didn't care enough about to improve, or fix. Simple prompts, uninspired workflows, img-to-img etc.

Whereas the line for actual AI-Art would include the drive to actually improve upon the generations, going through different prompts, styles, models, to try and extract a creative vision that you had. Even going as far as to improve using more traditional artistic methods.

Basically, the same difference between an actual Photographer and someone taking a photo of a random object with their phone.

Sacrosanct

Legend

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
Not so fast with Adobe...

Not only that another publisher noticed as well as it is constantly poking you with a stick kind of annoying that when you turn off AI art, they will automatically turn it back on, or try to get to spend credits on generative art. Plus the admonition stands that don't use AI art in anything unless you feel like getting a C&D down the road.

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
I do maps too which are sort of art, and get criticized too anybody who does art does too. You have to grow a thick skin.

Remove ads