AI is stealing writers’ words and jobs…

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I know, right? We've barely been functioning since we lost switchboard operators.

I mean.... that that era ends in 1983 and then bam, look at housing prices! Just a coincidence?
(I will not make a prompt to justify this argument, I will not make a prompt to....)

1713836280920.png

1713836188336.png

Scribe

Legend
I live in the most expensive province in Canada. I remember telling a friend of mine, young guy, over 10 years ago when he told me he knows nothing about the cost of homes, and had no education to speak of.

"You'll never afford a home here, you have to move, you get that right?"

EDIT: And its dramatically gotten worse. lol

Victoria's housing prices rose by a margin of 2.6% in 2022 when compared to the previous year. The report found that in 2021, the average home cost $853,300 and in 2022, that price tag rose to $872,700

Last edited:

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I live in the most expensive province in Canada. I remember telling a friend of mine, young guy, over 10 years ago when he told me he knows nothing about the cost of homes, and had no education to speak of.

"You'll never afford a home here, you have to move, you get that right?"

EDIT: And its dramatically gotten worse. lol

I feel awful for the people in the middle and bottom trying to build a life up there or any of the really expensive cities. On the other hand, someone up there who manages to hang on for an edge of ok retirement can probably sell out and move down here (somewhere much cheaper) get a bigger house, lower cost of living, a pile of cash, and help destroy our housing market too...

Scribe

Legend
I feel awful for the people in the middle and bottom trying to build a life up there or any of the really expensive cities. On the other hand, someone up there who manages to hang on for an edge of ok retirement can probably sell out and move down here (somewhere much cheaper) get a bigger house, lower cost of living, a pile of cash, and help destroy our housing market too...

Yeah, I'm considering moving back east, but honestly love the coast. If I could convince my kid to move out there, it's his only chance.

JP82

First Post
AI is very bad at writing. The best I’ve ever seen still write with all the skill of a 7th grader, at best.
But the average person (sadly) read at a middle school level. Why do you think all the articles on social media obviously written by someone who doesn't know English for crap trend (This is coming from a professional English news writer and editor for over 15 years)

Remove ads