Airwalkrr's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft IC

cool hand luke

First Post
Mr skinflint seems like a handy guy to have around, although I balk at the title of hero. It seems to imply a certain ethical code that accompanies considerable power. I have found that those two rarely lie in the same person. So if me skinflint doesn't mind working wih competent professionals who may not have the Utmost in moral fortitude I would like to have his help.

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
GM: cool hand luke, was that in-character or out-of-character? I could not quite tell. Generally in PBP players pick a color for their character's speech to help differentiate when their character is actually speaking as opposed to just thinking.

cool hand luke

First Post
Sticking a large knife Ito the piece if gristle meat in his plate branch looks at it with a disturbed look in his gave before slipping it under the table. You hear him mutter an apology as it slides off his knife to the big vat laying over his feet.

"So how far are we from Barovia in barovia?

airwalkrr

Adventurer
"I can't claim moral fortitude has ever been one of my strong points. I work for a share in the profits, plus expenses of course, but those are inconsiderable. I offer you my services at the reasonable price of twelve raven-claws (sp) a day, plus a full share of any treasure that is found through the course of our adventure. It's a fair offer, and you needn't pay all in advance. I am certain a group such as yours is good for it.

"The village of Barovia is just a day's travel to the west. There we shall find the great gates of Barovia. The village lies just a hop, skip, and a jump past that."

kinem

Adventurer
"Well, Skinflint, I doubt we will find much treasure. But it doesn't sit right wth me that you want a full share plus expenses too. I don't know how long this will take, or what we will find in Barovia. What if we are captured by an evil madman and held for ten years before escaping? That's a lot of raven-claws. I'd rather we offer you a minimum payment, say twenty gold or your share of the treasure, whichever is higher.

The other thing you need to know is that we may find dead people who are still trying to kill us. If we do, we will need to fight for our lives, and you would probably have to fight, too. I'm being honest here.

Also, while you are on our team, don't steal from anyone who doesn't deserve it. And what you take becomes part of the treasure to split."
Don says.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
"You can let me worry about being captured by a madman and fighting for my life. I've been in rough situations before. I knows the game and its dangers.

"But I'm afraid my price is not negotiable. If you really want the talents of an expert burglar such as myself, you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone better. And as for your concerns about my loyalty, let's just say my fee is what ensures it. I'll nary take a copper from you or your companions so long as an honest wage is in my contract. I may be a burglar, but I ain't no kind of petty thief. If I were, you'd be relieved of your purses and that would be the end of our relationship. But judging by the sign of that Vistana fellow, I suspect there's far more profit to be had in friendship and cooperation."

Remove ads