• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

airwalkrr's Rise of the Runelords (OOC)

airwalkrr

Adventurer
So here is the quickstart guide on how to use ditzie. And here is a sample map for you to play with. If you want to make it easy, you can pick a token from one of the many galleries already existing on ditzie to represent your PC. One thing that might be useful is to see if there are any AoE templates in the galleries that I can use. That way you can overlay them onto the map if you are casting a spell or using some other AoE ability on your turn and I can just delete them after the effect is done.

Remember, every time you press Enter the map is saved and the URL will change. This will require some due diligence on the part of every player to link the changed map after their turn. Also it would be a good idea to refresh the IC thread right before you finish your post just to make sure someone else hasn't already updated. I'm going to be using a simple initiative system with bad guys/players/bad guys/etc. so players will take their turns in whatever order they are able to.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
After much thought and research on the synthesist, I am inclined to say it won't be possible in its current form. I think one simple change might ameliorate things a bit. Rather than using the eidolon's physical ability scores, the synthesist would get a bonus to ability scores based on the choice of form. Aquatic and Biped forms would receive +2 Str, Quadruped would receive +2 Con, and Serpentine would receive +2 Dex. These bonuses would modify the synthesist's base ability scores, not replace them. This prevents an end-run around dumping physical scores. It still looks like it will be extremely powerful, but I am willing to let you try it out Shayuri. I will also need you to give me a head's up on which evolutions you are planning to try because everything I have read about this tells me there might need to be some GM calls.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Yeah, ditzie looks like it has a lot of potential. I am still seeing some need for further UI improvements, but it is functional and creates a nice visual effect that is hard to reproduce otherwise.

Shayuri

First Post
Hmmmm... That seems like a reasonable house rule, but I think I will pass on the offer, though I appreciate it. I think a character that's more conventional, and easier to accept, will fit this game and group better...and it's not as if I have a shortage of concepts to choose from. :)

Thanks for working with me though, it speaks very well of you as a GM. :)

I will probably go sorceror...though I must consider permutations of wizardry as well. I'll try to have a concept ready later today, and a sheet by the end of the week.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Does non-core include stuff in the adventue path? In other words, items, classes or feats introduced there.
If it is in the Player's Guide (either the original or the Anniversary Edition), it is open game, whether you choose the Core Rulebook Only Option or not. Now if you mean the new rules introduced in the Appendix of the Adventure Path itself, unless it appears elsewhere in the PRD, consider it secret knowledge. Honestly, there isn't a lot in there; one feat, a handful of spells, and a few magic items, most of them artifacts or items with a very specific purpose which would be of little use to PCs or items which are intended to be unique. Most of the stuff from Rise of the Runelords was taken right out of the rulebooks. There is one magic item you will be able to purchase in most major cities though. I've attached the description. It might give you an idea of what awaits you.
Elixir of the Peaks.jpg

Remove ads