Airwalkrr's Temple of Elemental Evil (IC)

Redclaw

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Oh, I have no misconception about the reality of wearing clothing under armor. But Dolan is a dwarf, and a dwarven fighter at that. To him going around with only clothes on, and nothing metallic and heavy, would be the same as running around in his birthday suit. Can any of you really imagine Gimli in a pair of pantaloons and an open shirt? Yikes.
Sorry if I seem beligerant about this...it's just part of how I see the character, and I'm trying to have some fun with it. :D [/sblock]

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
[sblock=OOC]Yeah I too think that a dwarf without his armor would feel naked. I have a picture of dwarfs as a race that uses chain-shirts as your comfortable home-wear and even the aprons of dwarven blacksmiths are equivalent to leather armors. I know that is a bit extreme image though.[/sblock]
"Thank you for your hospitality sir." Aredal says as he takes the case and rises. "I assure, we aren't looking for troubles and I'll try to get my friends to feel more comfortable. Well then, I suppose we should go and see what our friend Daonil found out from this Ashstaff then, it's good to make friends with the locals." He says with a smile. He bows deep to the two men before leaving. "May the Sun smile gently upon your home."

[sblock=OOC 2]I'm making up blessings that seem appropriate for a priest of Sun-God. If there is an source for Pelorite sayings somewhere, I would appreciate them ;) .[/sblock]

Last edited:

Brachna

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Sorry if we're coming off as being uncooperative, Airwalkrr. I just think my character's preconceived notions about humans really keep him weary in a whole town full of them. Once he's informed of the customs - and more importantly, the law - concerning carrying weapons in town, I think he'll be more likely to doff his armor now and then. Sorry if that's causing a headache for you in the meantime, though! :)
[/sblock]

Bihlbo

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I was under that misconception, so thanks for clearing that up! Daonil is certainly not wearing his armor, then. How much drunken carrousing can be accomplished with restrictive leather clothing on? He wears a sleeveless tunic tucked into loose black britches, and his forearms are wrapped with fur-speckled rawhide. His boots are big, they are floppy, and yes, they are jaunty.[/sblock]

Daonil, having left the group as they headed toward the tower, takes a short walk behind the inn toward the trees of the small grove. Sandwiched between the fetid stink of the tanner and stablemaster, the trees seem to smell unnaturally sweet to Daonil. As he approaches, he spies a puddle in the dirt nearby and kneels to dip his hands and say a prayer for his travels.

He's arrived to speak to Ashstaff with the most respectful and somber attitude he can, knowing that the Old ways are to be treated with honor, even in a civilized place such as this.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Vicroar does understand that wearing armor in a protected area is considered odd, but from what he has heard the land is far from safe. [/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]That's all good, guys. I just wanted to make sure you understood I may not deal with armor the way you have been used to. I know some DMs allow fighters to walk around in full plate 16 hours a day. I don't think they realize how exhausting it is, not merely because of the weight, but rather because of its bulk and the fact that every movement of your body now experiences added resistance. Because of this and the fact that Hommlet is a civilized area (monsters being uncommon), NPCs will typically find it absurd to be wearing armor unless you are expecting a fight. You haven't even seen any guards in town except for the ones at the tower.[/sblock]

[sblock=Alpha]Burne raises a glass to you as you leave and returns to his meal. Rufus just grunts with a barely perceptible nod. The guard returns your items to you and lets you out the door, wishing you good luck.[/sblock]

Aredal and Mulnock step out some 20 or so minutes later. They are unharmed and looked fairly pleased. What shall be your next step?

[sblock=Bihlbo]As you step into the grove, you could almost forget you are in a civilized area. The air is quieter here, almost as if the hustle and bustle of the village has drifted away. An old man with a sickle tends to the bushes here. The Oerth Mother welcomes you, my child, he says without looking up, but you are not of this village. From whence do you come and why do you seek me?[/sblock]

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Aredal relays the information about the bandit hideout and reward to the others and finally says. "Well, shall we go find Daonil and see if he found Ashstaff? I wouldn't mind meeting him personally either. It seems he is a wise man and having good relations with the locals is always good."

Bihlbo

Explorer
Daonil is in the Grove

[sblock=What's happening to Daonil]
airwalkrr said:
As you step into the grove, you could almost forget you are in a civilized area. The air is quieter here, almost as if the hustle and bustle of the village has drifted away. An old man with a sickle tends to the bushes here. The Oerth Mother welcomes you, my child, he says without looking up, but you are not of this village. From whence do you come and why do you seek me?

Daonil replies, "Kind elder, I am Daonil Riventha, from far to the south. I spent my youth in a village on the Woolly Bay and have only recently adventured inland. I heard from the folks in the tavern last night that there's been reports of bandits, and some of the good folks of this city been spooked by some strange goings on. Some new friends of mine are off talkin' to the wizard in the tower, but I thought you might have a better idea of what I could do to help your city."
[/sblock]

Brachna

First Post
Drynethael listens intently to Aredal as he recounts his conversation with Rufus and Burne. "Good. It seems they have a probable location for us to begin our searches, but I agree; let's go see what Daonil has found out from Ashstaff." Drynethael eyes the keep briefly one last time before he turns to head with his friends down to the grove.

Redclaw

First Post
Dolan nods. Aye, well done, priest. We have heads to bash, and gold to collect. Mayhap we'll even do the town some good along the way.

Remove ads