• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Airwalkrr's Temple of Elemental Evil (IC)

Bihlbo

Explorer
Once the brewers point out Daonil's mistake, he offers to help make a delivery if they show him where the local 'meeting hall' can be found. "I've never seen a city big enough to support a group of brewers! Do you even do your own farming?"

Once in the tavern, Daonil seeks out his new group of adventurers and asks the priest to hold his belongings. "The folks downstairs aren't singing - I'm going to see if I can't do something about that. Who knows what will happen after that!" Most likely, this means he'll sleep leaning on a tree, as far removed from civilization and sobriety as he can muster.

OOC: Sorry if I'm taking liberties here, but it seems that Daonil's actions are seriously behind everyone else's if they're to morning and he's just on the first conversation in the first building he comes to. Airwalkrr, please PM me if I should change this - I'm just trying to keep the pace interesting.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Vicroar nearly laughs when he sees Daonil rip through the tavern. It looks like he will be sleeping outside tonight, he mused. He knew what it also meant he would be outside all night. And now the tavern becomes loud, he says to his companions with a laugh.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=Blackrat]Just north of the inn across the stream is the trading post (building 13). The whole front building is filled with various goods. The barn has animals, saddles, and the like available to any willing to pay the price. The shop is run by a slow, fat, clumsy, and placid man. His partner is tall and thin, with sharp features and protruding eyes. Both traders claim disinterest in all alignments, proclaiming that they happily deal with anyone who is a paying customer. Furthermore, they say, they will gladly buy any items which you happen upon, and pay a fair price too! Finding a set of tools is not difficult, although they cost 55 sp, instead of 5 gp.[/sblock]

[sblock=Bihlbo]The brewer's assistant says there is no harm done. He mentions that if you are looking to quench your thirst, the Inn of the Welcome Wench down the road would be a fine place to do it. As for deliveries, they are perfectly willing to deliver their own goods. Regarding farming, they say that all their barley is locally grown and harvested by farmers. They themselves are primarily brewers.[/sblock]

OOC: Room and board is presumed as part of upkeep, within your means of course. Only those paying Self-Sufficient would need to pay for the night's stay.

Any other actions? Remember you have until Tuesday at midnight to post.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
[sblock=ooc]
airwalkrr said:
although they cost 55 sp, instead of 5 gp[/COLOR]
Do they still accept gp.s as a method of payment? So that would be 5 gp and 5 sp. Or do I need to take a trip to money exchanger first?[/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
OOC: gp is still accepted. The only time you'd need to visit the moneychanger is if you have coin that wouldn't be accepted as tender in the local area. In general, any coin that is clearly made of precious metal is accepted, although sometimes foreign currency isn't traded for as high of a value because of distrust of true weight.

Bihlbo

Explorer
[sblock=Backtracking]Mardo replies to the brewer, "Astouding! You even pay someone else for crops!" With a big smile on his face, he's about to leave for the tavern, but pauses at the doorway and asks, "And what about the defense of the town from raiders? Anyone in particular I should ask about that? Do you have people who do nothing but guard as well? I'm looking to make a bit of coin while I'm in town."[/sblock]

Mardo does his best to help the people of the tavern have a good time, and encourages anyone who knows a drinking song to teach it to everyone. After getting some drinking done, he waits for a more calm and relaxed moment and asks a few general questions about the state of things in the area to find out about these people and see what their biggest problems are.

Then, to call it a night, he walks some folks home, and then heads back to the grove of trees he saw in the town, thinking there's got to be a cozy pile of leaves in there. As he dozes off he sings some songs to himself about the god of the sea and travel, and asks for protection.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=Bihlbo]There's a number of folks who take part in the town militia when the need arises, the young man says, but they haven't been called up in years. As for regular defense, Burne's Badgers take care of that. They work for the wizard that lives in that tower over yonder and his partner, Rufus. Mostly they just keep the roads safe. There hasn't been much else for them to do of late. Hommlet has few enemies. There have been reports of bandits in the area. Maybe Ostler at the Inn of the Welcome Wench has heard something about that from the travelers passing through.[/sblock]

Most of the locals at the Inn of the Welcome Wench aren't particularly chatty. When questioned about their most preponderant woes, they express the typical concerns about the upcoming planting season and the hopes that large numbers of birds don't come to steal away the seeds. Some of the travelers in the tavern report having heard of bandits in the area and took extra precautions on their journey here, such as hiring men-at-arms and such. There are no eye-witness reports, but one group does recall hearing strange hoots and howls on their way into town. They seem to suspect they were being followed, but by what they cannot say.

Redclaw

First Post
Dolan gives a rough chuckle. Lone travellers're a bandit's best customers. I don't mind ya doin the scouting, but you might want us close enough to hear ya scream.

Remove ads