• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Alias Season 5 Premiere [Spoilers]

John Crichton

First Post
I'm looking for the show to rebound from a fairly weak 4th season. The new mystery and the big bad are interesting to me. They didn't show a ton but it was enough to want to keep watching and see where they would take it. With Vaughn gone I hope to see Syd partner up with Dixon more.

So, I'm on board for now. Anyone else?

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
And damn, that was one emotional episode.

I didn't quite get Vaughn's story, though. His dad was working for the pentagon on this
Prophet 5 project (a way to sneak Rambaldi back in against ABC's wishes?), but ran away
and changed his and Micheal's names from Mishow (sp?) to Vaugh.

Then he worked for CIA and later disappeared again.

Or am I confused with the timeline?

Atridis

First Post
The phrase "jumping the shark" sprang to my mind a lot while watching this episode. I've read that Garner won't be returning after this season, and her replacement will be the blonde woman who cracked Marshall's encryption code. Sorry, but I think this show is done.

John Crichton

First Post
Atridis said:
The phrase "jumping the shark" sprang to my mind a lot while watching this episode. I've read that Garner won't be returning after this season, and her replacement will be the blonde woman who cracked Marshall's encryption code. Sorry, but I think this show is done.
Considering that this ep was better than 90% of the stuff from last year, I couldn't disagree more. What happened in this ep that was so over the top or stupid or out of character for it - hence, Jumping the Shark?

Arnwyn

First Post
John Crichton said:
So, I'm on board for now. Anyone else?
I'm on board with you, John Crichton.

An ancient manuscript talking about the human genome? Vaughn (finally) wiped out? Sold! (But: Some blonde chick beating Marshall at his own game? Lame.)

I, too, hope to see Dixon and Sydney working together again (though I'm curious to see how this season goes... I don't know if my eyes were playing tricks on me, but Garner looked quite pregnant even in the first episode - it looked like they took very big pains to never show any of her midsection).

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
Oh, yeah. Very very very pregnant.

Hench the timejump at the end of the episode, so the timeline could catch up to her pregnancy.

Myself said:
I didn't quite get Vaughn's story, though. His dad was working for the pentagon on this
Prophet 5 project (a way to sneak Rambaldi back in against ABC's wishes?), but ran away
and changed his and Micheal's names from Mishow (sp?) to Vaugh.

Then he worked for CIA and later disappeared again.
Can anyone elaborate on this?

Remove ads