Alignment/Multiclassing/DM Screen/Power Source From I-Con

Xorn

First Post
LordArchaon said:
In the end, I'm so teased that I'm really counting the days towards June the 6th.

I put in to have June 9th off work, just in case I'm not done reading. I'll go to the Chinese buffet, and eat and read till they kick me out.

Benimoto

First Post
MaelStorm said:
I never liked psionic and tech in fantasy. It's more suitable for steampunk fantasy a-la Eberron. The new Warforged mini for Dungeons of Dread has a kind of submachine gun in his hand, yuck.
Don't worry, that's a hand crossbow. It's at a funny angle in the picture where you can only see the stock and not the bow.

Thanks to the OPs for all the info!

MaelStorm

First Post
Benimoto said:
Don't worry, that's a hand crossbow. It's at a funny angle in the picture where you can only see the stock and not the bow.

Thanks to the OPs for all the info!
*relief* That's good news.

tecnowraith

First Post
Charwoman Gene said:
Magic Item Creation:
There will be a ritual available to drain magic from captured items to add to other items. This ritual will be usable in a dungeon.

Crafting:
There has been some talk about creating a more detailed crafting system.

Magic Items:
Magic items are definitely focused on powers, not bonuses.

So there is hope for the Artificer. Hurray!!!

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Remathilis said:
Sigh... 8 powersources guessed at and no love for Incarnum/Soul Magic...

Ki and artifice are no where near certain. Artificer can be written as arcane, but with abilities to duplicate other sources. "Ki" is the Martial Source. Monk is a Martial striker, just the most egregiously flashy one.

Shadow which encompasses Necromancers and Illusionists seems weird.

Spatula

Explorer
FallenTabris said:
Wow.. I foresee alot of speculation on what the other Power Sources will be besides the named. I think everyone keeps saying Primal but is that actually confirmed?
It shows up on some DDM monsters.

FallenTabris said:
Hmmm... no more +5 Hackmasters? There is going to be an uproar over that sacred cow going into the meatloaf. Meanwhile I'll be asking for a second helping of meatloaf :)
There are still + weapons, armor, etc. The "powers not bonuses" is more about the misc magic items, I think - the stat boosters & non-armor AC items from 3e, which will not exist in 4e.

malraux

First Post
Remathilis said:
Sigh... 8 powersources guessed at and no love for Incarnum/Soul Magic...
I would also guess that "alternate" powersources will be add-on to the core 8. That might help development with a larger, but still relatively finite core set of powers and then DMs that wish can add in more minor power sources.

Remove ads