Alignment/Multiclassing/DM Screen/Power Source From I-Con

Remathilis said:
Sigh... 8 powersources guessed at and no love for Incarnum/Soul Magic...
Magic of Incarnum wasn't well received by anyone. There's no underground movement of fans who are bitterly holding on to Incarnum, with a huge outcry about it because of the new edition.

While it was commendable that WotC tried to get a new system working with Magic of Incarnum, it fell flat on it's face. As evidenced by the fact that the newer Tome of Battle got more support in the end (and has been integrated into 4e).

I suspect that anything that the designers found good about Incarnum will likely end up being divided between the Divine and Primal power sources. While the rest of Incarnum will just be left behind.

8 Sources?

Has anyone figured out what the likely 8th source is going to be?

The most probable guess that I can come if with is as follows

Martial
Arcane
Divine
Psionic
Primal
Shadow
Ki
???????

Kobold Avenger said:
Magic of Incarnum wasn't well received by anyone. There's no underground movement of fans who are bitterly holding on to Incarnum, with a huge outcry about it because of the new edition.

While it was commendable that WotC tried to get a new system working with Magic of Incarnum, it fell flat on it's face. As evidenced by the fact that the newer Tome of Battle got more support in the end (and has been integrated into 4e).

I suspect that anything that the designers found good about Incarnum will likely end up being divided between the Divine and Primal power sources. While the rest of Incarnum will just be left behind.
Every Sourcebook is somebody's favourite.

Except for MM4, nobody liked that ;)

JesterOC

Explorer
FallenTabris said:
I think they should shoot for new players right off the bat. An influx of new blood would do the industry good.

They might want to wait for new blood once the old blood is all on the same page. It would suck for new guys to show up and see big argument threads about 3e vs. 4e. I bet they want the dust to settle before they bring in the new guys/gals. Just IMHO.

JesterOC

Green Knight

First Post
Magic Item Creation:
There will be a ritual available to drain magic from captured items to add to other items. This ritual will be usable in a dungeon.

Now that I like the sound of. I'll be able to quickly and easily beef up my favorite magic items rather then replacing them for the New Next Best Thing (TM).

Baron Opal

First Post
I have a vague feeling that artifice will either be one of those in the lost 10%, perhaps detailing one class, or it will be covered by a third party. And, it will only be covered in the PHB3 or 4, so it's going to be a long time before it is available.

The only thing working against that in my mind is Eberron. While they have a class called artificer it is a more of a variant wizard (a Verditius, if you will) in my mind. I would like more of a clockwork / alchemy theme. But, with the presence of Eberron and that they are going to promote it heavily they just might make the "artifice" power source a possibillity.

I think a fey source is as or more likely than a ki source. But, then again, we have had a teaser of a monk-like character in a employee blog, haven't we?

Remove ads