• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

All the great Fantasy Art we've been missing from Computer Games -- Post Them Here!

Grail Quest

First Post
Hi Everyone!

I'm starting this thread for everyone to share fantasy computer game art, not just for character ideas but landscapes and locations, and magic or power FX.
If you haven't been playing some of the popular computer role-playing games from even 10 years ago, you've missed out on a lot of great art!

As I haven't played every game out there, I hope everyone will share their own screenshots, as well as any writeups or RPG conversions that have been inspired from the great art and animation of computer games.

Grail Quest

First Post
Dark Wizard of Valdis - The Fantasy Art of Dungeon Siege II: Broken World

As you know, my website presently showcases the fantasy art of computer games. I quite recently embarked on a massive update to my website presently showcases Dungeon Siege II: Broken World section, and though far from complete, it's already got some spectacular scenes.
Even if you've played the game, you may want to have a look as I've used mods to enable close-ups, and only stills can capture some of the graphic details of animation that goes by so quickly. Here is a small selection from the Dark Wizard of Valdis.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Thanks for sharing these - I don't play video games, so it's nice to get an opportunity to see some of the art from them.

Grail Quest

First Post
Hi Jaerdaph,

Thanks for your comment! You've echoed exactly the reason the website exists -- to bring video game fantasy art to those who don't play video games! (^_^)

Grail Quest

First Post
The Fantasy Art of Dungeon Siege II: Dragon Boss Talon

As you know, my website presently showcases the fantasy art of computer games. I quite recently embarked on a massive update to my website presently showcases Dungeon Siege II: Broken World section, and though far from complete, it's already got some spectacular scenes.
Even if you've played the game, you may want to have a look as I've used mods to enable close-ups, and only stills can capture some of the graphic details of animation that goes by so quickly. Here is a small selection from the Dragon Boss Talon.

From Dungeon Siege II
(link to Flickr is mandatory per Flickr terms of service)

The Fantasy Art of Computer Games | The Fantasy Art Blog

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads